FAQs for D93 Teachers
What are the benefits of donating to the Bonneville Education Foundation?
The Bonneville Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations made through the Bonneville Education Foundation are deductible on your federal tax return when itemizing deductions and qualify as a credit for contributions to Idaho educational entities on your Idaho state tax return.
I spend a lot of my own money for classroom supplies. Can I benefit from the Bonneville Education Foundation by donating money to my own classroom for supplies?
- Yes. You can make a donation to the Bonneville Education Foundation and designate it for your own school/classroom. You can also sign up for payroll deduction so your monthly donation is deducted from your payroll check and credited to your classroom fund.
What items can I purchase with the funds in my Bonneville Education Foundation classroom account?
- You can purchase any item that enhances the learning experience of your students. Remember, items purchased with donated funds belong to your school. If you leave the District, they cannot be taken from the premises as a personal item.
Can I use the funds in my Bonneville Education Foundation classroom account to attend professional development classes?
- No. Charitable contributions cannot be used for any individual’s use. A charitable contribution is a donation or a gift that is voluntary and made without getting, or expecting to get, anything of equal value. In addition, donated funds cannot be used for individual student participation or enrollment fees.
If I leave the District, can I withdraw the funds in my classroom account?
- No. The funds are donations to your classroom and do not belong to you.
How do I get the money from my Bonneville Education Foundation classroom account?
- You must complete a Request for Release of Funds form with your school administrator’s signature and submit it to the Bonneville Education Foundation before the first of the month. The Bonneville Education Foundation meets on the first Wednesday of each month during the school year (except for August and January) to approve requests. Checks are distributed and paid to the school no later than one week after the meeting. Once the school has received the disbursement, the requestor may submit either receipts for reimbursement or purchase order requests directly to their school.
Need more information? Email Shelley Andrus, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Wes Jones, Clerk of the Foundation, email@example.com