Rules & Regulations
Tournament Rules and General Information:
● Teams should report to the assigned field at least 1 hour before game
● Please provide Proof of Insurance to Tournament Desk prior to your 1st game. There will be a check-in table at all complexes.
● We will also need all additional contact person(s) cell# and email.
Showcase Rules & Regulations
● Home team will be determined by a coin flip prior to the game, conducted by an umpire or tournament official.
● The Home team will be ‘Official Score Book’. All teams must report game scores to the Tournament Desk.
● The 8 Runs Ahead Rule (after 5 inn or 4 At Bats) for All Games.
● NFHS Rules
● Pitching Distance 43’
● Teams may bat a max of 11 Batters per game. ‘No Batting out of turn’
● Unlimited Defensive Substitutions
● Courtesy Runner for Pitcher and Catcher ‘Only’ - A courtesy runner cannot be the same runner for pitcher and catcher. Must be an eligible sub or last batted out.
● Protests - This is a non-protest tournament. Home plate umpire will settle rule disagreements at the time they occur.
● **If Ejected** A Coach or Player Must sit out next game.
Tournament Time Limits -
● 5 showcase games 1 hour 40 min., Finish Inning With 2 hour Time Slots
● 1 hour 40 min, Finish Inning with 2-Hour time slots
● NO Alcoholic Beverages are to be consumed on or near tournament facilities, nor will smoking be permitted on or near the playing fields, player bench or warm-up areas.
● All teams must provide their own water & ice. We ask all teams to Please Clean Dugout Areas after your game is over.
● In the event of rain, Each Team Manager & Coach is responsible for maintaining contact with a tournament official.
● It is the Team Coaches responsibility to know any and all revised schedules...Follow all updates on Twitter and Facebook
*Check your games on Tourney Machine or Google Sheets on website
Tournament Contacts & Cell #’s Jim Barsalona.......732-673-6825
Jim Barsalona Team New Jersey Softball 732-708-1877 TNJ Office / 732-673-6825 Cell email@example.com