Minneapolis Telecommunications Network
October 6th, 2017
- Call to Order
- Approval of Board Minutes
- Nomination of Board Chair
- Discussion on Board applications
- Plan for Officer elections and possibly more appointees at next meeting, interviews and reference checks will be conducted between now and then
- Appointment of newly vetted Board members
- Transition Outline - Samantha Pree-Stinson
- Executive Director Update - Valerie Lockhart
- Approval of contract for Interim Executive Director
- Approval of updated Policies and Procedures for compliance
- Discussion of Committee formations
- Community/Member Engagement - Keith and Preston
- Outreach and Partnerships
- Public Commentary (3 minutes per person signed up) - Public session adjourned
- Closed session for HR discussion
- Board meeting adjourned
- Meeting was called to order at 6:15 pm
- Minutes from last meeting were passed.
- Nomination of new board members were accepted and the motion passed: Mike Wade, Tracey Blake, Kyle Tharaldson, and John Samuelson. More applications have come in and we will continue to review all applications and vote to approve at subsequent meetings.
- Nomination of Board President. Samantha Pree-Stinson was nominated and unanimously approved. Motion passed.
- Appointment of executive committee will be held at subsequent meeting(s) once new members have had time to review the roles and responsibilities. No new members were ready to self nominate at this time. No new members were ready to be nominated at this time. The motion to hold this vote until the next meeting passed unanimously.
- Interim Executive Director nomination of Valerie Lockhart. The nomination was approved by unanimous vote. Motion approved.
- Contract for Interim Executive Director was approved unanimously. Motion approved. Term has no expiration and the board can terminate at any time.
- Board President presented transition of old business plan and outline with an approximate 1 year timeline.
- Interim Director Valerie Lockhart provided a business update report.
- Handbook and policy changes put forth were amended with additional changes. Motion to approve the amended changes passes. Motion to approve the new policies and procedures with approved amendments passes. Unanimous on both votes.
- Code of conduct added. Amendment made. Motion to approve amendments passes. Motion to approve the new code of conduct with approved amendments passes. Unanimous on both votes.
- Discussion regarding formation of community led committees. Committees are advisory boards and members and leaders of committee members are not members of the Board of Directors.
- Community Media Day Oct 20th and Halloween Party Oct 27th were discussed. Board approved both activities. Motion passes. Unanimous vote.
- Open for community input. Keith and Preston both had comments as well as several new board members.
- Public meeting was adjourned at 7:27 pm.
- Closed session to discuss non public HR information began at 7:45 pm and ended at 9 pm.