Campus Advisory Council (CAC) Minutes
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Location: Joslin library
CAC Board Members Present: Lindsey Taucher, Mandi Richey, Julie Barschow, Michelle Degon, Jenice Barr, Lisa Presswood, Maggie Benavides, Chris Farley, Merry Henderson, Patrick Aziz, Phoebe Hale
Community Members Present: Larry Murphy, Kate Mason-Murphy
Called meeting to order: Lindsey
- Review and approve October 2017 minutes
Chris motioned to approve. Michelle second
- Citizen’s Comments - No community input
- Open forum/comments - Chris thanked PTA for the Spooktacular
- Response to requests for information - No requests were made
- Mr Aziz shared SU18 building project documents/drawings for review. The 2013 Bond documents will be housed in the professional library at Joslin.
- Discussion about 2018-19 school year calendar. Vote was taken. Option B was chosen.
- Mr. Aziz discussed highlights of CIP- Goal is to provide a positive atmosphere so students will want to attend Joslin. Also discussed were No Place for Hate, Tele-medicine, English/Spanish strategies, Employee Well Being, Walk-tober, community events, Creative Learning Strategies, Marketing successes and social media, TUP, Prof Learning Strategies, Health and Nutrition strategies, Student Fitness Strategies, Writing and literacy, Prof. development portion has been submitted, but no feedback has been given yet. Feedback can be shared with Mr. Aziz.
- Review CATCH program and activities- Mr Aziz talked about activities for Physical and mental health
The CATCH committee includes the Ms. Diaz (cafeteria manager), Ms Flores, Ms. McKinnon, Ms. Wright, and Ms. De Los Santos.
- Bond vote- passed
- Ryan Turner sent a review of his mtg with Dr Cruz requesting a yes or no answer about boundary change. He has received no response yet. Mr Aziz has received no response for request logo or signage from communications office. He reviewed His mtg with Nicole about boundaries and enrollment strategies.
- Principal search update [Mr. Aziz excused himself from meeting]- Lindsey discussed how the process came about. Decision was made to draw names among candidates. Names chosen were Larry Murphy, Hugo Aguillera,(1st back-up), and Ryan Turner. Ms Barr, Ms Benavides, Ms Harris are teacher/staff reps. The committee must have interview questions by 11/20. Clarifications about eligibility were discussed.. Michelle offered to survey teachers for interview questions.
- Michelle motioned to adjourn at 4:14. Julie seconded to adjourn