7U and 8U TEAM RULES
FOR ALL-STAR DIVISIONS ONLY
- Pitching distance: 38 feet. Base distance: 60 feet.
- Pitching Restrictions: 6 innings in a day, 9 in the entire tournament. One pitch constitutes an inning.
- Bunting is allowed.
- No lead-offs. Players cannot leave the base until after the ball leaves the pitcher’s hand. Stealing is allowed.
- Home Plate is open. Runner can score on a wild pitch, passed ball, or overthrow.
- Length of game time: 6 innings with no new inning after 1:30.
- Mercy rule: 15 runs after 3 innings; 8 runs after 4 innings.
- 5 run max per inning. 10 Run max in final inning. If time will not allow for six innings, the Umpire and coaches can agree on a last inning of play. If down by more than 10 runs in the bottom of the last inning, the home team will have a chance to tie the game. If they tie the game, the game will continue. If they game goes into extra innings, a runner will be put on second at the start of each inning.
- Courtesy runners are allowed for the pitcher and catcher at any time.
- It is the base runner’s responsibility to avoid contact with the fielder when the fielder has the ball.
- To intentionally walk a batter the coach simply needs to inform the umpire and point to first base. No pitches are thrown.
- Mechanical noise makers are not allowed
- Teams must use USA Marked Bats