Golf Event and Match Play Safe Play Policy
The Safe Play Policy is in place to protect our customers and staff and it applies to every competition including events and match play.
It must be read alongside our Event Information and Rules Document, and any additional safe play information from the golf club.
Match Play Information
Compliance with the policy is mandatory and like all golf rules must be policed by fellow golfers.
- At no point should anyone gather in groups of greater than four people.
- 2 Metre Distancing must be maintained at all times on the car park course and clubhouse.
- 1 Metre Distancing must be maintained within your 4 balls
- Caddies not permitted to meet golf club 4 golfer max rules
- No sitting on benches, touching surfaces and consider washing hands as regularly as possible.
- Do not arrive more than an hour before your tee time to avoid congregation
- Pre-Registration MUST be completed online in advance to get a tee time allocated.
- On the day Registration is 10 minutes before your tee time at the location stipulated in the pre event email and on the Event Info Sheet.
- If you fail to arrive on time - you will have to wait until the next available tee time. We can’t move tee times around to maintain our safe play policy.
- Match Play - the home team must advise the away team of any club specific covid19 restrictions or guidance about which they should be made aware.
Pace of Play
- If you can’t score more points than your partner you MUST pick up and you MUST NOT hole out.
- Individual scores must not be recorded under any circumstances. Friendly betting must be done in relation to the pair’s score.
- You MUST play when ready - there is no honour in place at any point of the course including putting green. Play when safe - you do not need to ask - if ready - play!
- You MUST keep up with the group in front. Falling behind and failure to catch up will result in penalties applied to the whole group.
On the Course
- No touching the flag stick or hole.
- Remove ball from hole with sleeve or glove where possible.
- No raking bunkers - pick and place across all bunkers.
- Going back to tee is BANNED (model rule E-5 is in play if you can’t find your ball)
- Provisional shots are DISCOURAGED (model rule E-5 is in play for lost or OOB balls)
- Group searching is BANNED - Search for your own ball - 3 minute limit - if you can’t find it - proceed under Model Local Rule E-5 - play from fairway under 2 shot penalty.
- Lost or out of bounds ball - proceed under Model Local Rule E-5 - play from fairway or rough parallel to estimated point of loss or OOB at 2 shot penalty.
- Longest Drive and Nearest the Pin competitions replaced with Par 3 competition
After the Event
- Food and drink to be taken (table service only) sat at tables no greater than 4 people.
- No gathering at bars or desks - please sit in your fours and enjoy the hospitality of the golf club safely.
- Face Masks to be worn indoors at all times.
- No prize giving ceremony - all prizes will be awarded by email and sent out after the event