State of Illinois
Physical and Immunization Requirements for Students Entering
- Health Exam - conducted within one year of first day of school
- Physical Exam - signed by doctor
- Immunizations - signed and dated by doctor
- Medical History - on physical exam; must be signed and dated by parent
- Physical Education - checked off by doctor
- Mandatory Diabetes Risk Assessment - Diabetes screening section on physical exam form.
- Required Immunizations
- DPT - 4 or more doses - last booster after 4th birthday
- Polio - 4 or more doses - last booster after 4th birthday
- MMR - 2 doses - 1st dose after 12 months; 2nd dose no less than 4 weeks/28 days later
- Varicella/Chicken Px Vaccine - must have 2 doses
- Pneumococcal Vaccines - now required to be documented according to the PCV vaccination schedule
- State Required Lead Assessment Questionnaire
For those living in zip code 60456, a lead blood test is required. The health form must indicate the date of the assessment/test administered by your doctor.
- Dental Examination - strongly recommended
- Eye Examination - Required by state law as of January 1st, 2008. Must be done by optometrist.
Students not meeting the above requirements will be EXCLUDED from school after set exclusion date (third Friday after the first full week of school).