Girls Showcase February 9-10, 2019
Rules of the Tournament
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS AND OFFICIALS
The tournament headquarters is located at: LSC Administrative Office, 12325 Hymeadow Drive, Building 1, Suite 200, Austin, Texas 78750. A remote HQ will be located at the “main” playing venue. The Tournament Director is: Lisa Talbot – 512-336-5425 ext 10 or via email: LTalbot@lonestar-sc.com (Email Preferred).
REGISTRATION, ELIGIBILITY AND CHECK-IN
The Lonestar Showcase is sanctioned by US Club Soccer as an unrestricted tournament. This Showcase is open to all girl’s teams that are in good standing and affiliated with US Soccer including those registered through US Club Soccer, American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO), Soccer for Youth (SAY) and USYS associations.
- PLAYER ELIGIBILITY: Current player cards for each player will be required at check-in. Virtual cards are accepted. No Card-No Play-No Exception. U11 - U12 teams can have a maximum roster of 14 including guest players. U13 - U14 teams can have a maximum roster of 18 including guest players. U15 teams can have a roster of 22 but must declare 18 on the game card prior to kick off of each match. U16-U19 teams are allowed a maximum of twenty two (22) players on a roster (including guest players), ALL 22 players are eligible to participate in each match. NO player may be rostered or participate for more the ONE team during the events entirety.
- GUEST PLAYERS: Teams may have up to 6 guest players.
- TEAM CHECK-IN: Mandatory registration/check-in for teams is available ONLINE only. There is NO in person check in. Team managers or a team representative should have a current, signed medical release form for each player. Team managers MUST present the following to complete check-in:
- A copy of the official member organization roster signed by the local association or club registrar. The roster must include the name, date of birth and jersey numbers of all players including guest players. (This is NOT a GotSoccer event roster or player list.)
- Current, laminated photo identification cards for each player, including guest players. Virtual cards are accepted. Player cards must be of the same type for all players on the team—including guest players. USYS and US Club player cards cannot be co-mingled on the same team.
- HOME TEAM: The first team listed on the schedule is considered the “Home Team”. Home team wears dark/colored uniform and the visiting team wears white/light colored uniforms.
- UNIFORMS: All players must wear numbered jerseys. Each team must have an alternate color jersey for each player in case of color conflict. The home team, if deemed necessary by the referee, will be required to change jerseys.
- TEAM AND SPECTATOR LOCATION: Players and coaches from both teams will occupy the same side of the field. Spectators and parents must sit on the side opposite the players and coaches. No one is permitted to sit or stand behind the goals. There will be signs posted for player and coach only areas.
- INSPECTION: Teams must be at the field no later than 15 minutes prior to match time ready for inspection by the referee with player cards ready for inspection (upon request).
LAWS OF THE GAME
- All matches will be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game, except as specifically modified as follows:
- All games will be played on a running clock. Each half will be 40 minutes in length for the showcase (U15 - U19). Junior Showcase U11/U12 will play 2 x 30 and U13/U14 will play 2 x 35. All half times will be 5 minutes in duration. The Tournament Director reserves the right to adjust game length and schedules due to weather or field conditions. The referee may stop the clock for serious injuries. All decisions of this nature are made by the referee on the field and are final.
- No player shall enter or leave the field of play without the consent of the referee. Players may be substituted, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage of play.
- PLAYER EQUIPMENT: Shin guards are mandatory. Per USYSA rules, no player may play with a HARD cast even if it is padded. This rule is strictly enforced. All other equipment related issues will be left to the discretion of the Referee.
- GAME BALLS: Teams must provide an appropriate game ball for all matches.
TOURNAMENT AND MATCH SCHEDULES
- TOURNAMENT FORMAT: There is no advancement or awards in this showcase event including the Junior Showcase event.
- MATCH SCHEDULES: U16 – U19 teams will play 2 or 3 game format by request. U15 teams will play either 2 or 3 games depending on field availability. U11 - U14 teams will play 3 games.
- REFEREES: The Showcase shall utilize a three-referee system in all matches.
- MATCH DELAYS, SUSPENSIONS, and CANCELLATIONS: In case of inclement weather, the tournament director, Lonestar Soccer Club and the facility manager will determine if games are to be played. Once the game has started, the decision rests with the referee and Lonestar Soccer Club. If any games are cancelled, it is up to the coaches of the teams to check with the tournament director for rescheduling information. Games shall be considered complete if one half of the game has elapsed. The score at the stoppage of play will be the final score. If one half has not elapsed and the game is stopped, every effort will be made to reschedule to balance of the game.
- REFUND POLICY: A team withdrawing from the tournament after being accepted shall forfeit the entry fee in full. In the event of inclement weather, the tournament committee has the authority to restructure or cancel the tournament. It will not be rescheduled for another date and no refunds will be issued once play has begun. If the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of play fees are non refundable unless the official tournament registration insurance fee was purchased prior to the cancellation.
- A $35.00 fee will be accessed to any returned check.
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- TEAM AND SPECTATOR CONDUCT: Misconduct by a team, players, coaches, parents, spectators, supporters or officials will not be tolerated on or off the field. A team, player, coach, parent, spectator, supporter or official may be withdrawn from the competition at the discretion of the Tournament Director. In the event that this occurs, a misconduct report will be made to STYSA and/or the team’s State or National association. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supporters both on and off the fields.
- GENERAL RULES: Verbal abuse or harassment of anyone will not be tolerated. Alcohol, firearms, fireworks and glass containers are not allowed at the park. Artificial noise making devices are prohibited. All facilities are smoke free.
- YELLOW CARDS: A player or coach receiving two yellow cards during a match is suspended from that match and suspended from the next match (one match suspension). Two yellow cards in the same match is a red card and are counted as a red card.
- EJECTIONS: Any player or coach who received a red card/ejection during a match is not allowed to play or coach in the next match.
- Players and/or coaches receiving an ejection must leave the match immediately.
- Players may sit on the bench during their suspension. However, they shall not be in uniform. Coaches shall not return to the tournament site during the match for which they are serving the one game suspension.
- ANY PLAYER, COACH OR SPECTATOR GUILTY OF REFEREE ASSAULT WILL BE SUSPENDED IMMEDIATELY FROM THAT MATCH AND SUSPENDED FROM FURTHER TOURNAMENT PARTICIPATION. LONESTAR SC WILL REPORT THE INCIDENT TO THE HOST STATE ASSOCIATION AND THE TEAM’S STATE OR NATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
- REPORT OF DISCIPLINARY ACTION: Disciplinary actions taken during a match will be marked on the game card with the name and jersey number of the player or the coach’s name. All disciplinary actions will be reported to STYSA.
- FORFEITURE: Each team must be ready to play at the scheduled time or immediately after the conclusion of the previous game as determined by the referee, and with the minimum number of players, or the team is subject to forfeiting the match. Following the forfeiture of a game, a team may be allowed to continue to play—at the discretion of the tournament director.
- MINIMUM NUMBERS: The minimum number of players required to start play is seven.
- All venue rules and regulations must be observed by all players, teams and spectators.
MATCH AND SCORE REPORTING
There are no standings or awards in this event but scores may be posted.
PROTESTS AND DISPUTES
There will be no protests. Issues may be raised to the tournament director, but all referee decisions are final.
Hotels: All out-of-town teams are required to book hotels through Anthony Travel. Detailed information is available on the tournament website. Teams found to be out of compliance with this requirement will be dropped from the tournament and no refund will be provided.
12325 Hymeadow Dr., Bldg 1-200, Austin, Texas 78750
T: 512.336.5425 / F: 512.336.7877 / LONESTAR-SC.COM