University City High School
Online/In-Person Schedule 2020-21
- School will start at 8:50 a.m.
- First Week of school (Aug. 31-Sept. 4)- Online Orientation for Students
- First Nine Weeks of Classes- Periods 1-3
- Second Nine Weeks of Classes- Periods 4-6
11:36 a.m.-12:50 p.m.
(No instructional min.)
After School Period
- Each teacher has 6 classes with no more than 30 in each class.
- Schedule as many AP and CC classes into periods 1-3
- Periods 1-3 CC courses will meet After School and during Flex Time.
- Each class will have 60 minutes of live whole group and small group instruction.
- Students will have a 360 minute learning schedule each day for those in three classes.
What Students and Teachers are doing during Flex Time:
- Prep Period for teachers during this time
- IEPs/504s held during this time
- Department PD and staff meetings held during this time
- Grading assignments and assessments during this time
- Communicating with students/parents during this time
- Coordination of enrichment activities for extra-curricular, clubs, or additional practice/support during this time
- Asynchronous activities for students during this time
- The one-on-one student meetings, group meetings, and office hours are part of the 74 minutes of small group instruction embedded into the class periods