Total Fitness Is on the lookout for a new team member!
Certified Personal Trainer
At Total Fitness we are committed to our mission of helping people--team members and members alike--to become the best version of themselves. We're looking for committed and dedicated individuals to help grow our business, so that we can share the promise of Total Fitness with more people.
Make a difference every day while building an exciting career in fitness. As a Personal Trainer at Total Fitness you will work one-on-one and in small groups with members to help them achieve their fitness goals. Be the spark that inspires someone to keep training, to try harder and to live healthier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the value of personal training by creating an outstanding personal training experience for new and existing clients
- Make our club easy to use by guiding and educating members and clients on comprehensive fitness programs as well as products
- Motivate and inspire clients to get results by setting goals, creating customized workout plans and tracking progress
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients’ goals that include appropriate exercise selection and teaching a fitness lifestyle
- Understands the principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique
- Able to coach, motivate and inspire members at every stage of their fitness journey
- Present and sell training and nutritional products
- Provide exceptional customer service and build a loyal client base
- Prior Personal Trainer experience is preferred but not required
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule
Certifications / Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/AED Certification
- Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Fitness or related field OR an approved
- Personal Training Certification from an approved organization: NASM, ACSM, NSCA, ACE, NFPT, IFPA, NESTA, NETA, W.I.T.S.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking
- While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
The position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to apply
Applications are available at our website, www.totalfitness29.com/careers, or at our facility. Please bring your completed application and resume into the gym anytime during business hours or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!