San Francisco Nonprofit Sustainability Initiative
Lease Stabilization Grants
Checklist of Required Information
Application Period Closed
As part of the application process, you will need to upload the documents below. This information is required in order to help us evaluate the project with the NSI program’s eligibility and priority criteria. The below checklist is meant to assist with the application process by sharing what will be expected in advance, so that when it is time to complete the application in FormAssembly, it is an easy and painless process. Please note that this list is not exclusive and items may be added to the application that may not be reflected here immediately.
Please remember to start your organization’s application well in advance of the deadline and leave ample time to address any form field errors that may appear during the submission process. Also please remember to hit the submit button! Once an application is successfully submitted, a confirmation page will appear with additional information. If your organization is awarded a grant, additional documents may be requested. If you need help or have follow-up questions, please email the Community Vision Grantmaking team at email@example.com.
To review the application questions, visit our Application Questions Checklist.
Required Documents for Upload
- Board of Directors roster that includes the term and affiliation for each Board member
- IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation
- Resumes and/or biographies of senior management staff
- Documented proof your nonprofit is based in San Francisco. For example: a current lease agreement, a current bill mailed to the organizational name and address, or other legitimate documentation
- Provide evidence or documentation of up to 3 community partnerships and collaborations across multiple sectors. Documentation can include service agreements, MOUs or contracts for pro bono resources. Letters of support are not considered documentation of partnership
- Provide evidence of planning to identify and mitigate financial risk. Examples of traditional risk mitigants are multi-year budgets, strategic plans, financial policies and procedures, board governance policies, and succession plans
- Audits for the three most recent fiscal years (if unavailable, IRS Form 990 or income statement and balance sheet)
- Year-to-date income statement
- Year-to-date balance sheet
- Fully executed letter of intent with lease terms, fully executed lease, or fully executed purchase contract. This program does not allow organizations to switch sites after the application has been submitted. If your organization determines the intended site is no longer viable after the application deadline has passed, we will withdraw your organization’s application from the pool and invite a new application in a future round.
- Previous lease agreement
- Project budget. Applicants must use this template from Community Vision. Please include the source(s) of your estimates (sources could be obtained from a general contractor, architect, landlord, broker, other industry expert, or staff estimates)
- Letters of intent for any expected tenants
- 3-year multi-year budget. Template available here
- Narrative of financial plan
Visit the FAQs for more information