- Safety goggles (for use during testing)
- K’NEX Components in your kit … Note how they can fit together in the picture below.
- Bridge testing mounting bracket
- Wear safety goggles when testing. If the bridge fails K'nex pieces could fly into the air.
- Using K’nex pieces provided, build a free standing bridge which spans the 12” gap.
- Base must be at least 13” long
- The bridge cannot be wider than 3-½”
- The mid-span must be clear to accommodate the mounting hardware shown
The Goal is to maximize ultimate strength!
- Think about your design before you build.
- Observe your failure mode, re-design to strengthen it, then test again.
- Think about the orientation of your connectors … they may be the weakest link.
Some Design Ideas: