Short link:

Mobile friendly link:

UH Hilo provides a wide variety of support to students including tutoring, disability services, mental health counseling, and EEO-Title IX support:


Any student with a documented disability who would like to request accommodations should contact the Disability Services Office - Student Services Center E230, 932-7623 (V), 932-7002 (TTY), - as early in the semester as possible.



Advising is a very important resource designed to help students complete the requirements of the University and their individual majors. Students should consult with their advisor at least once a semester to decide on courses, check progress towards graduation, and discuss career options and other educational opportunities provided by UH Hilo. Advising is a shared responsibility, but students have final responsibility for meeting degree requirements.



Intellectual development requires honesty, responsibility, and doing your own work. All UH Hilo students are expected to know and abide by the Student Conduct Code ( Acts of dishonesty, for example, plagiarism (taking thoughts/ideas or words from others), cheating, collusion, or other forms of academic dishonesty will possibly result in penalties, consequences, and/or other disciplinary actions.  If you have any doubts or questions about what constitutes academic misconduct, please do not hesitate to contact me. For information about your student rights, contact Karishma Kamath, Director of Student Conduct, 932-7472,


Kilohana: The Academic Success Center provides a range of free, drop-in academic services and resources to all currently enrolled UH Hilo students.  Services include access to peer student staff from a range of academic majors, course-related resources (handouts, practice exams, etc.) PC desktops with subject-specific software, and study environments for individuals and small groups.  Please check the Kilohana website at for information, locations, and contact phone numbers for our various Centers on campus.  You can also contact Karla Hayashi, Director of the Kilohana Academic Success Center, 932-7287, for more information.



The UH Hilo community is committed to and cares about all students. Life at college can get complicated. Students sometimes feel overwhelmed, lost, experience anxiety or depression, struggle with relationship difficulties, family responsibilities, or diminished self-esteem. However, supportive services are available and effective. UH Hilo Counseling Services helps undergraduate and graduate students cope with difficult emotions and life stressors. Counseling Services is staffed by experienced, professional counselors, who are attuned to the diverse needs of all types of college students. The services are FREE and completely confidential.

Find out more at or by calling 932-7465.

For immediate help, contact The Crisis Line of Hawaii 1-800-753-6879, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 (, or text “Aloha” or “Hello” to the Crisis Text Line 741-741.


All members of UH Hilo have the right to pursue educational endeavors as part of the institution's fundamental purposes of teaching, learning, and research. Students have the responsibility to maintain standards of personal integrity (honesty, civility, and respect) that are in harmony with the educational mission of the University; to respect the rights, privileges, and property of others; and to observe University policies as well as national, state, and local laws.

The student conduct process holds students accountable for violations of university policy, which are described in the Student Conduct Code (


University life should be challenging not overwhelming. There may be times when students experience severe stress or distress from adjusting to college life and adapting to unforeseen changes/circumstances. Consider referring a friend, fellow classmate, or yourself to the UH Hilo CARE Team who can provide information, resources, and options for successfully navigating a challenging academic life. Typical referrals include behavior which raise significant concerns and reasonably suggests that the behavior, physical and/or emotional state:

Anyone may use this ( form to refer a UH Hilo student to the University's CARE Team. All matters discussed are regarded as highly confidential and are protected by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If you have any questions about filing a report, please contact Karishma Kamath, the Care Team Coordinator at (808) 932-7472, or


The University of Hawaii is committed to providing a learning, working and living environment that promotes personal integrity, civility, and mutual respect and is free of all forms of sex discrimination and gender-based violence, including sexual assault, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.  If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these, the University has staff and resources on your campus to support and assist you.  Staff can also direct you to resources that are in the community.  Here are some of your options:

If you wish to remain ANONYMOUS, speak with someone CONFIDENTIALLY, or would like to receive information and support in a CONFIDENTIAL setting, contact:



If you wish to REPORT an incident of sex discrimination or gender-based violence including sexual assault, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking as well as receive information and support*, contact:


* Please note that you do not have to file a complaint with the University to receive institutional support or assistance.

As a member of the University faculty, I am required to immediately report any incident of sex discrimination or gender-based violence to the campus Title IX Coordinator. Although the Title IX Coordinator and I cannot guarantee confidentiality, you will still have options about how your case will be handled.  My goal is to make sure you are aware of the range of options available to you and have access to the resources and support you need.


For more information regarding sex discrimination and gender-based violence, the University’s Title IX resources and the University’s Policy, Interim EP 1.204, go to: