Position: School Counselor (Full-Time)
The school counselor advocates for students; provides and assesses interventions to ensure student success; promotes an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students; provides assistance to students and their families in making educational, occupational, and life plans; provides direct and indirect counseling services to students who are exhibiting symptoms of social, emotional, and/or academic difficulties that interfere with their academic or social progress; and develops, promotes, and maintains good relationships with SVA parents and co-workers.
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students which may include: academic concerns, behavioral issues, social concerns, and emotional support.
- Works with students on an individual basis regarding personal problems related to home and family relations, health, school, and emotional adjustments.
- Creates and updates confidential, accurate, and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Creates and maintains connections with parents/guardians, teachers, other counselors, and administrators regarding students' behavioral, academic, and other problems.
- Meets with parents/guardians to discuss their children's progress, to determine their priorities for their children, and to serve as a resource for understanding student development and behavior.
- Encourage students and/or parents to seek additional assistance from community providers when necessary.
- Advocates for students with parents, teachers, community resources, school administrators, and other governmental agencies using a working knowledge of human development.
- Serves as a resource within the building and school district that responds to academic/social and emotional needs of students including crisis intervention.
- Advocate for and assist in the planning, development, scheduling, enrolling, and implementation of programs that enhance a student’s educational experience, career & vocational opportunities, and social & emotional well-being.
- Advises and participates in the development and enhancement of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth, cultural proficiency, and excellence in student learning.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Knowledge:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in School Counseling Concentration or Related Field; hold a current Colorado Department of Education Special Services License
- Excellent recording skills including report writing and record keeping
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Demonstrates skill in crisis assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Response To Intervention
- Demonstrates knowledge of developmental needs of students PreK - 12.
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy necessary for working with students.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in regards to student progress to student, parent/guardian and staff.
Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SkyView Academy charter school model which values Core Knowledge, Classical/College Prep curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
Other desired attributes include:
- Previous experience in educational setting is desirable
- Experience implementing the Core Knowledge Sequence and Classical methods of instruction preferred
- Passion for developing a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12
- Precise, persuasive and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, solid decision-making and well-developed management skills
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs
- Accessible with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents and community
- Dedication to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
Mail documents to: 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
To learn more visit the website: skyviewacademy.org
SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.