Performing Arts Acquisition Fund
Letters of Interest Guiding Prompts
Application Period Closed
There is no right or wrong LOI structure. We want to hear about your organization in your voice. Feel free to use the prompts below to guide how you address the scoring criteria. None of these questions are required in your response; they are simply suggestions.
MISSION FIT (20 POINTS)
Demonstrate how your organization and your project meet the goals of the William and Flora Hewlett’s Performing Arts Program and Community Vision as described in the program guidelines.
- Share your organization’s mission, vision or strategic plan summary.
- How does your organization ensure these values permeate through all aspects of business?
- How does your organization communicate these values to external stakeholders?
- How does your organization inspire external stakeholders to uphold these values?
- Who in your organization is responsible for staying accountable to your guiding principles?
- How often does your organization refresh its mission, vision or strategy?
- How do your organization’s stakeholders participate in formation, implementation and accountability practices?
- How is your organization led and governed?
- How is feedback given and received within various stakeholder groups including staff and board?
- Do you have any plans to implement changes to these areas of practice?
TRACK RECORD AND ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT (20 POINTS)
Describe how you meaningfully engage communities through your practice, and share your most important accomplishments and the impact they’ve had in these communities.
- Who are your organization’s stakeholders?
- What impact does your organization have on its stakeholders?
- How does your organization measure impact?
- Who are your organization’s beneficiaries?
- What impact does your organization have on its beneficiaries?
- What impact does your organization have on its staff, board and volunteers?
- Tell us how your broader community supports the organization.
- Tell us about your organization’s history working in its communities.
- What critical points in your communities’ recent histories have most strongly affected your organization?
- Does your organization play a key role in representing its beneficiaries in municipal, philanthropic, or community conversations?
PROJECT READINESS AND VIABILITY (20 POINTS)
Explain how you envision completing the acquisition, putting the property into service, and financially sustaining the space long-term.
- Have you identified a project site?
- Tell us about the site if you have already identified it.
- Have you started conversations with the landlord/owner?
- What is your project’s timeline?
- How would you ensure that the acquisition would close on or before July 31, 2022?
- Tell us about your fundraising plan, if your project will require additional funding.
- Who will be part of the team overseeing and completing the project?
- What potential risks are you anticipating?
- Can your organization support the ongoing costs of the project?
- Has your organization’s leadership owned or operated a space before?
DEGREE OF ONGOING FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS (20 POINTS)
Tell us about your organization’s business model, funding sources, fixed costs, and cash flow.
- How does your organization support its programming?
- Who are your funders or customers?
- What is your business model?
- Tell us about your fixed and variable costs.
- Is your organization experiencing ongoing financial constraints?
- If so, how do these constraints impact your organization’s long-term vision?
- Is your organization facing barriers to accessing capital? If so, what are they?
- Describe the cash flow rhythm of your organization.
- How might property ownership lead to stronger ongoing financial and operational performance?
PROJECT’S SHORT- AND LONG-TERM IMPACTS (20 POINTS)
Describe the impact your project will have on your organization and your broader communities in the short- and long-term.
- Tell us how the project will impact your organization’s ability to provide services now and in 5, 10, 20 years.
- How will your ability to hire and retain staff be impacted?
- How will the project impact your revenue and expenses?
- Who will benefit from the project?
- How will your beneficiaries be impacted by the project?
- How will the grant help your organization achieve financial stability?
- Tell us about how your project will impact your broader community of stakeholders.
- What catalyzing effects could your project have on your organization’s communities?
- Could the project contribute to greater community development in the surrounding area?
- Will the project create a long-term, permanent community anchor?
Submit a Letter of Interest here.
To view answers to common questions, visit the FAQs.
If you still cannot find the answer to your question, email email@example.com.