- 3 Cups rhubarb, chopped frozen or fresh
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Boil 5 cups of water, and pour over the rhubarb (frozen or fresh), and let it set for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, beat three eggs, then add the sugar and flour to the mixed eggs.
- * Off the record, I add a teaspoon of vanilla at this point. In my humble opinion, vanilla makes everything dessert taste better.
- Drain the rhubarb, and pour egg mixture over it. Stir to blend.
- Pour into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn the oven back to 350 degrees, and continue baking for about 45 minutes or until a knife stuck in its sent comes out with just a bit of custard on it.
- Cool, and enjoy!