How to Add the PUP App to your Home Screen
The PickUp Patrol app is not downloaded from an app store. You simply add it to your phone’s home screen following the instructions for your phone type and browser below.
- Open https://app.pickuppatrol.net/parents in Safari.
- Tap the “share/send” icon on the bottom menu bar (rectangle with an “up” arrow).
- Choose “Add to Home" (you may need to scroll right/left or further down to see this icon).
- Rename the page with something short like "PickUp Patrol” or “PUP".
- Click ADD in the top right corner.
- PUP works in Chrome, but we recommend you use Safari to add PUP to your home screen.
ANDROID/CHROME - Option #1
ANDROID/CHROME - Option #2
- Open https://app.pickuppatrol.net/parents in Chrome
- Tap on the Menu button. The appearance of the Menu button will depend on your device—usually it's a button that looks like three horizontal lines stacked on top of each other, or it could be accessed through a hardware button on your phone.
- Tap "Add to Home Screen".
- Open https://app.pickuppatrol.net/parents in Edge.
- In the Ellipsis menu (lower right corner), choose “Add to Home Screen”.
- Select “Add” and “OK” after the prompts.
- Choose “Add to Home".
- Open https://app.pickuppatrol.net/parents in Firefox.
- Press the Menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser), then tap on “Page”.
- Tap “Add Page Shortcut”, Your shortcut should now appear on your home screen.
Tip: If you want to change the label on your shortcut, bookmark that page first, then change its title on the Edit Bookmark window. On the Bookmarks panel, do a long tap on that site and choose “Add Page Shortcut”.
Note: PickUp Patrol DOES NOT work with Internet Explorer.