Commonly Asked Questions
PAY + MOONRISE CARD
CHANGING YOUR TAX INFORMATION
ACCESSING YOUR PAYSTUBS
ACCESSING YOUR W-2
- I just applied online. When will I hear back?
- Thanks for applying! You’ll receive a text from Gemma at Moonrise asking you to confirm your cell phone number. If we think you could be Moonrise material, we will send you a text with a link to schedule a phone interview.
- Are the jobs only in Chicago, and if so what parts?
- Our shifts go as far north as Waukegan, as far south as Tinley Park and as far west as Elgin. We have shifts everywhere in between!
- What types of jobs do you offer?
- We currently have openings for drivers, car detailers, retail associates, line cook, prep cook, dishwasher, banquet servers, bartenders, movers, warehouse, sales, call center agents, customer service representatives and so much more!
- How much notice will I get before a shift?
- It depends, but we ask our clients to give you at least 12-48 hours notice. Sometimes you’ll get more notice than that, sometimes you’ll get less notice. You’re never under an obligation to accept a shift. Please be sure that you select shifts that align with your schedule!
- How many hours can I work in a week?
- Moonrisers can work a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- Is this contract work or am I an employee of Moonrise?
- If hired, you will be a W-2 employee of Moonrise.
- Does Moonrise provide me with a W-2?
- Yes! All Moonrisers are W-2 employees of Moonrise and will receive a W-2.
- Does Moonrise perform a background check?
- Yes, Moonrise performs background checks on all employees.
- How long does the background check application process take?
- It depends on a few different factors, but typically from one day to 2 weeks.
- I’m having trouble with my background check application. Can you help me?
- Unfortunately, we aren’t allowed to help you through the background check application process. The good news is our Partners can!
For help with a Background Check through Checkr:
For help with a Background Check through Goodhire:
- It’s up to you! Most Moonrisers choose our Moonrise card, which allows you to be paid within 24 hours of completing a shift. However, we also offer weekly payment through direct deposit or paper check.
- If I decline a shift, does that work against me?
- You’ll never be penalized for saying no to a shift.
- Can I update my availability if it changes?
- Absolutely! Once you apply and officially become a Moonriser, you can log in to your profile and update your availability at any time.
- What is the typical hourly pay rate?
- The hourly wage for our shifts ranges from Minimum Wage - $17.
- When offered a shift, is the pay rate included for that job?
- Yes. When you’re offered a shift, you’ll receive details such as the pay rate, position details, client site, and start/end times.
- Our shifts vary from 4 to 12 hours long. The minimum amount of time you’ll work is 4 hours.
- Where is Moonrise Headquartered?
- We’re proud to be located in Chicago, IL. Our office is accessible through the CTA lines and there is plenty of free off-street parking around our building. The only time you’ll have to come to our office is for orientation.
- How do I check the status of my application?
- You are not able to login until you’re hired and you become a Moonriser. The first step of the application process is to apply here.
- When I try to log in, it tells me my account isn’t activated; what does that mean?
- It means you’re not yet an active Moonriser. To become an active Moonriser you must:
2) complete a phone interview
3) complete HR documents
4) complete a background check
5) attend an orientation session. Once you make it through the on-boarding process, you’ll be an active Moonriser!
- I can’t make it to my scheduled phone interview/on-boarding, how do I reschedule?
- Attendance is extremely important at Moonrise, but we understand things come up. If you’re not able to make it in, please reach out to us and we’ll send you a link to reschedule.
- Do I need a smartphone to work for Moonrise?
- Nope! You can apply on any device that is connected to the internet. If you apply and become a Moonriser, you will need a phone that can accept text messages.
- What happens at orientation?
- At orientation you’ll bring two valid forms of ID to complete your I-9 form. We’ll also do a tech demo to show you how to log in to your user profile to update your availability and role preferences. Finally, we’ll lay out our expectations for you, and let you know what you can expect from us. Orientation is typically 1 hour long.
- Can I refer someone to Moonrise?
- Yes you can! Log into Moonrise and select the Referral Link at the top
- Fill out the information as instructed in the pop up that appears.
- You will receive a $25 bonus once your referred Moonriser has worked 5 shifts. This bonus is subject to taxes.
PAY + MOONRISE CARD
- I lost my Moonrise card, what do I do?
- You’ll have to reach out to Wirecard customer service at 1-877-855-7201 and report your card as lost or stolen. Once you call, a Wirecard representative will have you verify your first and last name, and confirm the address linked to your card. It takes about 3-5 business days to receive a replacement card. Moonrise cannot call Wirecard for you, but please let us know you’ve lost your card by texting the Moonrise Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414.
- How do I see how much I’ve been paid for shifts I already completed?
- Where can I use my Moonrise card?
- Anywhere and everywhere most major debit cards are accepted!
- Where can I withdraw cash from my Moonrise card?
- You have a few options! You can withdraw cash directly from your Moonrise card at any ATM. (See a list of available ATMs at moonrise.works/atm.) You also can link your card to your bank account, transfer your Moonrise funds to your checkings account, and use your personal debit card to withdraw funds.
- How long after my shift ends will I be paid?
- If you chose the Moonrise card, you’ll be paid within 24 hours. If you chose direct deposit or a papercheck, you’ll be paid every week on Thursday.
- Why was extra money taken out of my pay?
- Taxes. Each Moonriser is a W-2 employee of Moonrise, meaning a certain amount of every check will have taxes taken out. During tax season you’ll receive a W-2 from Moonrise.
- You can view your pay stubs by logging into Proliant. Select Last Check from the Quick Links at the top left-hand side of your screen. You will be able to scroll through all paycheck from the 2019 year. If you’d like to view the entire paystub, please click the Print icon to download the image.
Keep in mind it can take over a week between your payment going on your Moonrise card and it showing up on your pay statement.
- You can view your W2 by logging into OneMint. Click on the blue lines in the upper right corner and click on the single person. Go to My Pay then Forms then W2.
- Please reference the “Changing my Tax Information” section to read info on receiving a new W-4.
- Shifts are texted to you.
- You may select shifts on the Shifts page.
- How soon will I start to receive shift offers?
- Shifts are sent out based on your availability, role preferences, and distance from different client sites. The more availability you have and the further you’re willing to travel, the more shifts you’ll get!
- How do I select a shift from the Shifts page?
- Log in and go to your dashboard. In the blue panel on the left click on Request a Shift. Carefully read the Open Positions and if you want to work a shift click I WANT THIS SHIFT and it is yours!
- Where can I see what shifts I’m signed up for?
- Log in to your profile and click on the dashboard. Look at YOUR UPCOMING POSITIONS.
- What do I do if I need to cancel my shift?
- If you need to cancel a shift, let us know 12 hours before the shift starts to avoid a strike. If you need to drop it and can’t give 12 hours notice, still let us know, but keep in mind you’ll receive at least one strike. If you cancel between 8 and 12 hours before your shift starts, you will receive 1 strike. If you cancel with less than 8 hours before the shift starts, you will receive 2 strikes.
- How much notice is required to cancel my shift without being penalized?
- You can drop any shift with 24 hours notice without being penalized. Dropping a shift 8-24 hours before the shift start time will result in one strike. Dropping a shift less than 8 hours before the shift start time will result in two strikes.
- What do I do if I’m running late for my shift?
- Text the Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414. Some shifts move off-site immediately at the check-in time. Let us know if you’re running late so we can ask your shift manager to wait for you.
- What if I can’t find the location of my shift?
- Double-check the location and address on the position details page of your shift. If you’re still not able to locate it, text the Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414.
- What do I do if I arrive early to my shift?
- Early bird gets the worm! If you arrive early, let us know. You won’t be paid for that time, but we’ll be very happy with you and so will your shift manager.
- If I tell Moonrise I’m running late for my shift, will I still be penalized?
- Yes, arriving late to a shift will result in one strike. You should still let us know so we can inform your shift manager. Some shifts move off-site immediately at the check-in time. Let us know if you’re running late so we can ask your shift manager to wait for you.
- Upon arrival, do I need to check in with anyone?
- It depends on the shift! Your arrival instructions and check-in instructions are in the shift’s position details page.
- Do I have to take a break?
- It depends. Some employers require you to take a break but most do not. If a break is required it will be called out in the Shift description. If you do take a break, you have to let us know. You clock in & out of your breaks in the same way you clock in & out of shifts: you text us!
- I was sent home early from my shift due to lack of work. How will I be compensated?
- Please always text the Moonriser Employee Hotline, (312) 626-0414, when this happens.
- If work isn’t available you may be sent home early. If you are on-time to your shift and sent home early, you will be compensated for at least 4 hours. If you are late to you shift and sent home early, you will be paid for time worked.
- Please note, this does not apply to clerical or administrative roles. With these positions, you will always be paid for time worked.
- I need to leave my shift early, who should I notify?
- Contact us through the Moonrise Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414 to let us know. From there we may ask you to follow up with your shift manager.
- Why do I need to rate my shift?
- We want to send you the shifts we know you’ll like. Rating your shift is the best way for us to know what shifts you do or don’t like.
- There are certain locations I don’t want to go to, can you stop those messages?
- If there is a location you don’t want to work at, please let us know and we’ll do our best to ensure you’re no longer offered shifts there.
- A client wants me to come back and work there again the next day, what should I do?
- Hooray! We take great pride when our clients love working with our Moonrisers. We fill shifts on a first come, first serve basis. Please tell the client to give their account manager a call to discuss options for having their favorite Moonrisers return.
- A client wants me to start working with them full- or part-time, what should I do?
- Hooray! We take great pride when our clients hire our Moonrisers. In these situations, we work out the details directly with our client to help you transition. Be sure to contact the Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414 if you have questions about this process.
- How do I update my availability?
- From your dashboard, you will see your name in the upper right corner. Click on it and select View Profile. Your Availability is below your Profile. Buttons highlighted blue mean you've selected that timeslot as available. All changes are automatically saved.
- It's ok to select a timeslot even if you aren't available for the whole time. For example, one of the timeslots in the availability section is from 6am-12pm. If you can start a shift at any time in between those two times, such as 8 am, select that timeslot! This will help us match you with shifts as they open up.
- I’m not able to work for the next week, can you stop my text messages?
- Sure! From your dashboard, you will see your name in the upper right corner. Click on it and select View Profile. On the right side is SET USER AWAY. Select the ON button and you will stop getting shift texts. You can still select shifts on the Shifts page and you can still work shifts. When you want to get shift texts again, select OFF.
- Is Moonriser my employer?
- Yes we are. While we have our own expectations for you, Moonrisers are also expected to follow all directions and guidelines from their shift manager as well.
- What is Moonrise’s strike policy?
- The entire strike policy can be found in your Employee Handbook and the Moonriser Policies. A link is in the blue panel on your dashboard. The shorter version is simple...
- Ways to Earn a Strike
- Late Cancel (cancelling 8-24 hours before the shift starts)
- Late Arrival
- Sent Home
- Left Shift Early
- Late Cancel (cancelling 8 hours or less before the shift starts)
- You can earn off a strike by successfully completing 3 consecutive shifts after your last strike
- I’d like to dispute my disciplinary strike. How do I do that?
- Please fill out the dispute form located here.
- What is Moonrise’s termination policy?
- The entire discipline policy can be found in your Employee Handbook and the Moonriser Policies. A link is in the blue panel on your dashboard. The shorter version is simple...
- Ways You Will be Terminated
- Earn 6 strikes
- No Call / No Show
- Walk Off Shift
- Falsified Timecard
- Violation - Code of Conduct
- I got hurt while at my shift. What do I do?
- If you’re having a life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 immediately. For all other emergencies, call (312) 626-0414 (Moonrise Employee Hotline) as soon as possible.
- I was involved in a car accident at my shift. What do I do?
- Call the Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414 and tell us what happened.
- The complete accident policy is in the Moonriser Policies. A link is in the blue panel on your dashboard.
- I was at a shift and I thought the working conditions were not safe. What should I do?
- Call the Employee Hotline at (312) 626-0414 and tell us what happened.
- Will Moonrise be my professional reference?
- Due to the nature of our work we are unable to be a professional reference.
CHANGING YOUR TAX INFORMATION
- Can I update my tax withholdings?
- We understand that personal or financial situations may change. As an employee of Moonrise, you may adjust the amounts on a W-4 form at any time. Once we receive a revised W-4, Moonrise is required by the IRS to put that into effect within 30 days (by the start of the first payroll period ending on or after the 30th day from the date it was received).
ACCESSING YOUR PAYSTUBS
In 2019, Moonrise launched a new payroll system called Proliant ReadyPay Online. You will be able to use this system to view your paystubs and eventually get your W2 information.
Please use the following instructions to create a login for Proliant ReadyPay Online.
(Note: However, you will not be able to access your 2018 W2 in this system. If you still need to access your W2, you will need to log into OneMint. Please contact the helpline if you need assistance with this!)
1. Access ReadyPay Online by copying & pasting this link into your browser: https://www.readypayonline.com/Proliant
- We’d recommend using a computer or laptop for this, but you should be able to access on your phone.
2. Select the EMPLOYEE LOGIN account type.
3. Click on the green Register button.
4. Complete the required fields.
- Company ID – Moonrise’s ID is TX1857
- Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Zip Code (use the zip code of your permanent home address. If your zip code has changed in the last year, please let us know!)
- User Name – it must be unique to the system, for example: jsmith100
- If someone has already taken your username, the login screen will let you know.
- Please remember your username, as this will be your permanent login for ReadyPay Online!
- Password – create a password. It must be at least 6 characters and have at least one number or special character, for example: paystub8 or mycheck!
- Confirm Password – enter the password again.
5. Click Register.
6. Enter a valid email address, and then click Validate Email Address.
- You may have an email address already filled in on this screen, and that’s ok! As long as it is the right email address, you should still click Validate Email Address.
- You will be using this email address to validate your account shortly after completing this step.
7. You will receive a Registration Complete! message once everything has gone through.
- You may close your browser window once you receive this message.
8. Shortly after you complete registration, you should receive an from email@example.com, click the link provided in the email to verify the account.
9. You’ll be taken to a new tab where you can log in using the username and password you just created in step 4. Log into ReadyPay Online.
Continue reading if you want to know how to access your paystubs!
1. Your Dashboard will appear once you log into ReadyPay Online.
2. Select Last Check from the Quick Links at the top left-hand side of your screen.
3. You will be able to scroll through all paychecks from the 2019 year but please note that it may take over a week for a Check to appear. If you’d like to view the entire paystub, please click the Print icon to download the image.
ACCESSING YOUR W-2
- Your W-2 may be issued electronically and made available to you in Employee Self Service https://www.readypayonline.com/Proliant . To receive electronic tax documents, you must read the Important Disclosures and then Click to Enroll if you consent. You can withdraw consent at any time.
- IMPORTANT - If you do not elect to enroll in electronic tax documents, you will receive a paper copy by mail. Mailed copies will be sent out no earlier than January 14th, 2020. Please note that participation in electronic delivery is not mandatory.