March 19, 2020
A Letter to the Zion Church Family
March 18, 2020
- The clean-up of the fellowship hall and sanctuary we had planned for tomorrow morning is cancelled.
- The church council has decided we will not meet for church at Zion this Sunday, March 22, or next Sunday, March 29. We arrived at this conclusion to be both safe and in conformity with our civil law regarding gatherings and meetings.
- In place of this Sunday’s worship, Jonathan Hall and I are preparing a complete service bulletin with a written sermon that will be emailed to everyone by Saturday afternoon, and we will mail a hard copy to those who do not have email. In keeping with the plan for this Sunday, Zion has extra LBWs that you may pickup at the church fellowship hall if you wish. The fellowship hall door will be open for you today and tomorrow for you to pick up an LBW.
- For Sunday March 29, we are working on having a video service that you will be able to see and hear on your computer. For those without a computer, we will continue to mail you a bulletin and sermon.
- You will be receiving a much fuller communication tomorrow afternoon from us providing you with more detailed information about how we as a church family can continue to be in communication with one another and still be the family of God to one another. The council has talked over several possibilities for ways to keep us strong in our faith and in our dedication to one another in the days ahead.
- Please remember that you can help us to meet our needs and bills by mailing a check to Zion or by bringing it to the fellowship hall.
March 14, 2020
On March 15 at 10:00 a.m., join Grace Lutheran Church (Waynesboro) for a YouTube video stream of worship service.
In lieu of Bible study this Thursday, March 19 at 9:30, I am inviting anyone who wishes to gather at Zion and we will do a complete scrub down of all the contact areas in our fellowship hall and sanctuary. Paste Wes will begin our gathering at 9:30 with a brief devotional and prayer, and then we will get to work!
- Saturday, March 28, 8:00 a.m.—Church workday. More details will follow from the property committee.
- Easter is Sunday, April 12. Easter breakfast will begin at 8:30. Sign up in both the fellowship hall and in the narthex for our breakfast.
- There is also a sign-up sheet for Easter Lilies. The cost of Easter Lilies is $10.50.
- The remaining midweek Lenten soup and Vespers services for Lutheran churches in Waynesboro have been cancelled.
Zion Lutheran Church | Waynesboro, VA | firstname.lastname@example.org