In Attendance: Stephen Wright, Alan Smith, Randy Grant, Dave Green, Noel Tavan, Hal Brockman
Excused: Meg DuMez (Communications)
Guest: Jim Etzel, Meyer Freeman, Mark Barrett
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Oregon Sports Authority - Jim Etzel and Meyer Freeman
- Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon
- Oregon Sports Authority (OSA) Proposal
- Meyer - Good relation with ORRC. Wine Country Half started in 2010. 1500-1600 registrations in recent years. Largest approx 2,000. OSA is a principle support player in race. Destination Race sold race to Motiv who now wishes to sell race to original owner. This event is Labor Day.
- Jim - has worked on large and local events. Submitting RFP to Portland Marathon replacement. Future race direction highly dependent on next race director. OSA is sponsored by many Fortune 500 corps and locals. Executive board of 6, full board much larger. Steve attended 2018 event, 23 States and six countries represented. Elite runners from around US. Strong buy in from the Carlton community, headed by Ken Wright from Ken Wright Cellars.
- Hagg Lake Relay - Mark Barrett
Mark has experience with relay directing and trail runs. Banks relay would use the Bank Vernonia trail.
- Board Member Committee Reports
- Projecting $35,000 profit this year. Don’t need lots of profit, but do need stability.
- Best Dam Run
- Blue Lake
- Autumn Leaves
- Turkey Trot
- Equipment and Storage - Hal
- Marketing/Social Media - Steve, Randy, Meg
- Administration - Steve
- Investment opportunities update - Dave
- Dave proposed to establish Set up a $100,000 low risk fund account. More details next meeting.
- Y2K event - possible name change
Suggestions were Stringtown Half marathon and 10K, time of year, location,
- Discussion of guests’ proposals
- Steve to request more OSA info ref ORRC’s role.
- If Mark wants to add Sunday relay to the current Hagg Lake run, most board members would agree to proceed. Any other date would take further discussion how to fit into existing calendar.
- Steve presented Sept 2017 - August 2018 operating expenses. Will forward to RD and manager, asking for 2019 budget.
- Community Outreach Fall Program - Steve
- Membership survey - Randy
- Most questions can not be changed. Two surveys, half to two different sets of members. Steve requested Randy to present ORRC & Linfield College researcher Agreement
- Proposed that plaque winners be given a free race code to the following year’s race event.
- Proposed approved by board with two add-ons: code not transferable and program is optional.
- Proposed that next year’s be open for 4-5 day period, offering low registration fee.
- Tabled for future meeting.
- ORRC Volunteer Celebration overview - Alan
- November 4th. Portland Pie Company is food vendor
- Next board of director meeting moved to October 17