Get Involved with the NBMS PTO!
Below is a list of different ways to get involved as part of the NBMS PTO. But do not be limited by the list! We are always looking for new ways to build community and fundraise. If you have an idea that is not on this list, speak to a member of the PTO Board or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Spanish translation for School Newsletter and other communications** high priority!
- Provide childcare at PTO meetings
School Events and Fundraisers
- Back to School Night (Wednesday, September 27 6:00 - 7:30)
- Movie Night at Nathan Bishop (Date TBD/Fall 2017)
- International Potluck (Exact Date TBD/November/December)
- Morning Coffee Hour/Coffee with the Principal
- Brown Football Game Bake Sales (September, October)
- Eastside Marketplace Receipts Fundraiser (ongoing throughout the year)
- Providence Flatbread Pizza Fundraiser (Spring 2018)
- Open House for 6th Grade Prospective Students (Fall/Winter - Dates have not been set)
- Winter Arts Night (January 2018)
- Spring Arts Night (May/June 2018)
- Teacher Appreciation (May 2018)
- Humanities Night (May/June 2018)
- 8th Grade Graduation (June 2018; exact date TBD)
Other volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Join Providence Public School Parent Advisory Council
- Join the NBMS PTO Board
- Join a PTO Committee.
The Curriculum Committee focuses on issues pertaining to the academic needs of all of Bishop’s students.
The Culture & Climate Committee focuses on building and sustaining a positive school community (where community includes all students, families, teachers, and administrators) that supports the social, emotional, and academic needs of our students.
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.