Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
12.14.17 at 5:30 pm – The Commons Room, MCHS
BOD Approved on 12.18.17
- Call to Order: Nate called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm.
- Roll Call: Nate Seeley, President; Kelli Jackson, Vice President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Chad Fish, Treasurer; Kathy Clark, Member; Stacey Weyand, Member
Absent from BOD: None
Community Members: None
- Approval of Agenda: Tamia moved to approve the agenda as presented, seconded, no discussion, all in favor. Motion carried.
- Building & Location Committee Update
- Discussion of counter offer from the county.
- $20k for water taps and $50k for land.
- Kelly moved to approve a resolution to recommend that the Kiva Building Corp respond to the county with a counter offer of $70,000. Motion seconded, no discussion. All in favor. Motion carried.
- Note: Kathy Clark was not in attendance at the time the motion was made.
- Election of member to serve on Building Corp board
- Discussion - current members are Nate, Chad, and Ricky.
- Chad moved to elect Stacey Weyand to the Building Corp board. Motion seconded, no discussion, all approved. Motion carried.
- Discussion regarding grievance process
- The board will meet with those that filed the grievance on Monday, December 18 at 5:15 pm in an Executive Session. This will be a question and answer platform, with the board asking the questions. Kelli will take the lead. No formal decision will be made on Monday, but rather a written, formal decision will be given within 10 days of the meeting.
- Tamia will notify the individuals via the board email of the meeting.
- New Business
- Adjournment: Chad moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 5:57 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary