Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Teaching Coordinator - Job Description
October 27, 2017
Responsible to: Executive Director (ED)
The teaching coordinator will oversee the coordination, administration and leadership of all chapel sessions. He or she will provide a strong emphasis on the arts and teaching the foundations of the Christian faith to Campers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create an outline for each week of camp and each chapel for all youth summer camps.
- Develop roles and responsibilities for volunteers and staff who help with chapel.
- Develop an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the chapel sessions and to identify areas for improvement
- Write and source all components for each chapel
Leading and Staffing
- Recruit volunteers and contract workers in cooperation with the ED
- Ensure that all under your leadership are fully informed and equipped for their duties
- Encourage and challenge your team regularly and with care.
- Ensure Chapel space is clean and prepared for next chapel or activity.
- Ensure Chapel Cast is updated twice daily
- Ensure all technology requirements are met and staffed appropriately including
- Projection system - lyrics, powerpoint, video etc.
- Sound system - band, puppets, canned music, speaker etc.
- Execute your Chapel Outlines.
Control the program
- Ensure that the activities operate within the approved budget
- Monitor the lead measures on a regular basis and conduct a daily evaluation according
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the chapel and cabin time experience
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records for statistical and ministry purposes
- completion or working towards a degree in a related subject
- Knowledge and skills in worship, public speaking, theatre arts and camping ministry
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Minimum 1 year experience in a related field
Working Conditions and Compensation
- The teaching coordinator will be on site for all assigned programming.
- Room and board will be provided once available.
- Pay will start between $13.60 and $15.00/hour based on a 40 hour work week.
- The position will be 8 to 16 weeks in duration between the months of May and August.