Job Title: Front Desk Lead
Company: South Park- Park and Recreation District
Location: South Park Recreation Center in Fairplay, Colorado Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Part Time | Minimum 30 hours per week (w/ full time + benefits potential) Overtime Exempt: No
Probationary Period: 90 days Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
About Us: Governed by South Park- Park and Recreation District, The South Park Recreation Center is a vibrant and community-focused recreation center dedicated to enhancing the well-being of our patrons through a wide range of recreational programs and activities. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Front Desk Lead to supervise front office personnel and work functions. This individual will act as liaison between customers, the organization, and the needs of management groups.
The right candidate lives, works and plays in the community and surrounding areas we serve.
Responsible for operations of the Front Desk, including fielding telephone calls, checking people into the facility, making activity and program reservations, receiving and recording payments, promoting and selling memberships, and conducting the utmost quality of customer service. This position also ensures facility cleanliness is maintained by self and staff.
- Supervises staff with direct and administrative-related activities.
- Reports to the Executive Director via email shift reports, after every shift worked.
- Distributes and collects member satisfaction surveys.
- Maintains social media platforms (ie: Facebook, Instagram, bulk email/text, etc) for marketing and informational purposes
- Creates and maintains a full Front Desk staff schedule. If a Front Desk Associate is not able to work a shift or find coverage, it is the responsibility of the Front Desk Lead to cover the shift or reach to the Executive Director for further direction.
- Responsible for the training and orientation of new front desk associate staff with assistance from the Executive Director
- Demonstrates effective communication methods, either written, verbal, non-verbal, or electronic.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Pool Manager, and Programs Manager regarding all front desk operational facets. Including scheduling, closures and operational concerns.
- Makes effective decisions that reflect clear and logical thinking. Demonstrates flexibility and proactively examines new approaches in response to changing organizational objectives.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources. Keeps composure under stress. Is approachable and compassionate.
- Observe policies regarding breaks, time off, and calling in sick.
- Demonstrates behavior that protects the safety of self/others.
- Maintaining work areas in clean, well stocked and unobstructed order.
- Follows policy when accidents/incidents occur.
- Is responsible for maintaining Rec Desk and reports that might be needed from the management group.
- Monthly submission of insurance reimbursements from Tivity, Renew Active, One Pass, etc.
- Ensures duties are prioritized and completed correctly and promptly. Mentors and supports front office staff.
Essential Work Functions
- Keeps record of hourly attendance
- Collects payments and provides receipts. Checks to assure members are up to date with payments and required forms
- Responsible for tracking and stocking merchandise and front desk supplies
- Demonstrates ability to use information technology in completing assigned job tasks.
- Acknowledges members immediately when they approach the desk. Demonstrates willingness and ability to go the “extra mile” in meeting customer needs. Represents the Rec Center professionally.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees, management, board members and the public
- Able to perform basic maintenance when needed.
- Consent to a background check.
- Able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Able to repetitively bend and stoop to operate equipment and assist patrons.
- Other job related duties as requested
● 2 years experience in the customer service or relevant industry required; 3 years+ experience preferred
● Strong leadership and team-building skills.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
● CPR and First Aid Certification within the first 6 months of employment
Hourly Range & Benefits:
● Competitive hourly range of $21-24/hour depending on relevant experience.
● SPRC membership for staff member & their family residing in the same household
● Professional development opportunities.
● A supportive and collaborative work environment.
● Opportunities to make a positive impact on the community.
I, ____________________________________ (Employee), have read and understood the above Job Description for Front Desk Associate. I have accomplished all minimum requirements and I agree to perform all duties and responsibilities.
_____________________________________ (Employee Signature) ______________________ (Date)
_____________________________________ (Manager Signature) ______________________(Date)
_____________________________________ (Manager Name)