Student Responsibilities FAQ 1:1 Learning North Reading Public Schools
It is the expectation in the 1:1 program that students treat their device like any other school owned resource. Students should be bringing their devices charged each day to class and follow the 1:1 Device Agreement provided to them on the 1:1 homepage located at http://bit.ly/1-1nr . Please use these questions to support your use of devices with students.
What are the student responsibilities in regards to charing their device and being prepared for the school day?
- Students are responsible for the charging of their device and ensuring that the charged device is available for all of their classes. Students should plan on charging their devices while at home for use the next school day. Options for charging at school are limited.
- The device and accessories (chargers) are the sole responsibility of the individual student to whom the device is assigned and registered. Devices and accessories should not be left unattended, in an unlocked area, or in a vehicle and other provisions to prevent theft should be taken.
- Any loss or theft must be reported to the school administration. As these are school owned devices, student users should assume that none of their data is private or confidential. Any communication or data may be subject to review by network or school administration.
If a student is off task with their device or distracted with online content what are the expectations?
- Any activities not directly related to teacher-directed classroom activities are considered inappropriate use. These activities include, but are not limited to, texting, personal messaging, and social networking; such activities are not permitted during class time.
What happens if a device breaks, becomes inoperable?
- If a device has a malfunction or becomes damaged/inoperable the student can receive a day loaner from the main office. The student will need to bring their damaged/inoperable device to the office and leave it for the Digital Learning team to pick up and troubleshoot.
- At this time the Parent of the student will need to complete the “1:1 Parent Chromebook Issue Form” prior to receiving a long term loaner from the Digital Learning department. The student will continue to receive a day loaner until this form is completed. Once the form is submitted and troubleshooting and payment/insurance status is confirmed the student can recieve a long term loaner.
Will the carts still be deployed at the high schools?
- Carts will continue to be deployed at the high school but will be pulled for testing at multiple times during the school year.
Student Appropriate Use: These items also include the students responsibilities according to the Acceptable Use Policy. https://www.north-reading.k12.ma.us/sites/northreadingps/files/uploads/acceptable_use_policy_2018-19.pdf