Ideas for Attracting an Audience
The hardest part of most events is attracting an audience that is large enough to justify the work you put into it. Here are some tips.
- Piggyback your event on another well-attended event.
- Announce it widely and often.
- Invite your friends and neighbors.
- Put up yard signs
- Use Facebook, NextDoor.com, Twitter, Instagram, Patch.
- Get an article in the local newspaper.
- Newsletters. Get other people to put it in their newsletter.
- Have live music, games, activities.
- Have a book sale.
- Get local elected officials to announce it and attend.
- Put up signs around the neighborhood.
- Flyers in businesses that will take them.
- Ask local faith communities to announce it.
- Create a text template and have the organizers send it one at a time to anyone they know who might be interested.
If your attendance disappoints you, do not feel too bad! The people who saw all those announcements got the message, even if they didn’t come in person.