Type of Position
$12.00 per hour
4 to 10 hours per week
The work of the administrative assistant is to provide administrative and clerical support for the implementation of Song of Life’s ministry and mission.
Regular Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages church social media presence.
- Manages the consistency of communication for Sunday preparation using current church software. This includes maintaining details of orders of worship, volunteer involvement, and any slide presentations, email campaigns, or other communication.
- Designs and prints the weekly church bulletins, announcements and special flyers
- Acts as the church receptionist serving as the first point of contact and a positive representative for the church.
- Updates church database including attendance, membership and personal information of congregation.
- Distributes appropriate communication to groups and church leadership.
- Keeps the website current while collaborating with staff, leadership and group leaders.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies.
- Schedules and coordinates volunteer office coverage for unusually busy periods and personal time-off.
- Maintains published consistent office hours.
- Performs duties assigned by the Pastor
- Be a Christian, who demonstrates his/her faith and has an understanding of the purpose of the United Methodist Church in general and Song of Life specifically.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and a calm approachable manner.
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills, specifically word processing, data entry, cloud based software and desktop publishing.
- Proficient typing speed; preferred 60+ WPM
- Ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with and manage volunteers as needed.
- Compatible with Pastor, congregation, individual leaders within the church.