Agenda Board Meeting Opendata.ch: February 2nd, 2016
Participants: André, Hannes, Andreas, Friede, Oleg, Muriel
Excused: Antoine, Christian, Matthias,Barnaby
Minutes are taken collaboratively!
Approval of Minutes of the Board Meeting on January 5, 2016
Opendata.ch Board Retreat on 26.2.2016
Exchange of information
- Visited Event location (casino de montbenon), EPFL Library and Uni Lausanne
- Update from OKFN Advisory Board
- Structure becoming clearer, with CEO, COO, Portfolio Managers and Rufus as spokesman
- “Open Knowledge” finally getting renamed to “Open Knowledge International” (OKI)
- Global CKAN company spin-off done, located in Berlin: http://www.viderum.com
- Strategy will be more that of an incubator, not aiming to run things in the long term but to spin them out, like School of Data, CKAN, ..
- Strategy to be formulated as “theory of change” (Fiver.org example)
- Stand Stellungnahme URG Vernehmlassungsprozess? (Input Muriel: Bitte um Abstimmung mit Kommission Nationalbibliothek (Diego Hättenschwiler) und Wikimedia CH)
- Status Gründung Working Group Open Access?
- Update on SwissRe Hackathon
- Open Smart City Round Table: Konvergenz von Open Data, Open Source etc.
- Status: Energy Hack Day with EWB and City of Bern?
- Open Data Day on March 5, 2016: Do you want to plan something? I have no additional capacity at the moment.
- Social Media: I need your help on Twitter/Facebook/Mailinglist
- Calendar invitation didn’t work, therefore please save the dates for board meetings (always the first Tuesday of the month)
- Location: Amazing view, huge room for over 400 people, foyer, pavillon etc.
- Program: Location inspired the program design
- Keynotes in the morning, 3 tracks in the afternoon (.gov, .com, .edu) and many more opportunities for round-tables/meetups etc. and unconference-slots
- Open for discussion: Closing program (panel or similar slot)
- Speakers confirmed: Joshua Goldstein, Fathi Derder, Simon Chignard, Anja Wyden Guelpa, Guillaume Leborgne
- Ongoing !!!
- Package 2,5K and 5K (incl. logo presence, free tickets, booth etc.)
- EPFL: Confirmation to collaborate for the conference
- Martin Grandjean is the local support for Opendata.ch/2016. Interesting connections into local politics. See also: http://www.martingrandjean.ch
Program (work in progress):