Medal of Honor Challenges
On Monday, November 26, our third contest will be giving up any caffeine (pop, snacks) that you would usually buy in one day. Instead, we can give that money to someone who truly needs it. So “For One Day” the money you spend on these treats will go to the California Wildfire Fund. Please turn in your money to Mrs. Bonnstetter or Mr. Merrick.
On Wednesday, November 28 our hope is that For One Day we can Clothe the poor. So on Wednesday you will walk up onto the stage and literally take the shirt off your back and and hand it to Mr. Merrick or Mrs. Bonnstetter and we will give you a For One Day T-shirt instead. This will be done during our Medal of Honor Closing.
Finally, on Thursday, November 29
For one day we are asking you to participate in a blackout day. For one day we won’t use electricity, so that all the money we save, can get donated. That night at the first girls basketball game, if you show up, see Elijah Merrick to receive a For One Day bracelet. The purpose of WWG Blackout Day is to reduce the amount of electricity used in a single day as well as to challenge students and staff behavior by encouraging everyone to conserve when possible
01. Lunch today: Beefy nachos
Breakfast tomorrow: Yogurt bar
Lunch tomorrow: Hamburger gravy
02. College/Military Reps:
Wed. Nov., 28, SDSU, 8:30 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 11/20 - Dynamic Reading, P3a
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Reminder- Butter Braid orders are due to Mrs. Ourada before school on Monday, Nov. 26.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
07. New books in the library.
Frostborn (Thrones & Bones series) by Lou Anders
Karn, who would rather be playing the board game Thrones and Bones, and Thianna, half-frost giant, half-human, team up when they are chased by wyverns, a dead Viking sea captain, and an ancient dragon.
08. JH KB will meet during lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room on Fridays and every other Wednesday (alternating with FCA meetings).
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE - TIME CHANGE TUESDAY TO 3:30 due to conflict with GBB.
10. Lifeguards: Mr. Woelber wants you to work in Fulda during the winters so the pool can be open longer. Even teaching some swimming lessons would be great! See Mr. Woelber
11.November 6-21, WWG FCA is gathering hygiene items for Mary and Martha's Pantry. Items can be placed in the boxes in the school foyer by the lunchroom. Possible items are toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, hand lotion/sanitizer, deodorant, body wash, shaving cream, mouthwash, bandaids, other personal care items.
12. ExCel award Program….this program recognizes high school juniors who are leaders in their schools and who demonstrate a strong commitment to community volunteerism.
Each school can nominate one boy and one girl for this award. The local deadline is Dec. 1. Applications can be found at mshsl.org under recognition. Submit applications to Mr. Woitalewicz or Mr. Theisen.
Triple A award Program…..this program recognizes high school seniors who excel in the arts, athletics and in the classroom. The local deadline is Nov. 28. Applications can be found at mshsl.org under recognition.
Submit applications to Mr. Woitalewicz or Mr. Theisen.
13. LAST GLADIATOR -- Reminder to Actors who owe books or fees:
Grade 7 Ella (book 16 /fee), Abby( book 19, fee)
Grade 8 Luke (book 8 /fee), Shelby (fee), Jessica (book 24), Dan ( fee), Zach ( book 26, fee), Mia (fee), Sera (book 29), Brady (fee)
14. MOVIE NIGHT - W.A.V. will be sponsoring the movie “ELF” at the WWG HS auditorium on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:00 PM. Admission is free. There will be popcorn and water for sale at the event. This is open to all ages.
15. Yearbook--Meeting on Tuesday, November 20th at 3:15 in Bonnstetter's Room.
16. FOUND in the gym Mon., 11/19: bracelet, ring, 2 hair bands, For One Day bracelet. Claim from Karen.
17. Jr. High Knowledge Bowl had a meet last night at Holy Redeemer in Marshall. WWG #2 placed 7th and WWG #1 placed 11th out of 30 teams. WAY TO GO CHARGERS!!
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. WWG Holiday Party will be Saturday, February 2, 2018. Stay tuned for more details.
Wed., 11/21 - EMT training in rm 105, 6:00-10:00 pm.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 11/22 - Thanksgiving. NO SCHOOL!
Fri., 11/23 - NO SCHOOL!