About Venture Café Miami
Venture Café Miami is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse innovation ecosystem. We collaborate with other stakeholders to curate programs, design activations and create partnerships that foster the social and economic growth of the region. Our work is designed to fill the gaps in Miami’s entrepreneurial and startup community that limit access to capital and opportunity.
Since our fall 2016 launch, our entrepreneurial platform has attracted almost 30,000 innovators, resulted in 700+ unique resource delivery partnerships with local and national organizations and curated 1500+ free, entrepreneurial educational sessions, 40% of which are led by women and 70% by people of color.
We are a passionate team of community leaders supported by an active and engaged group of volunteers committed to making Miami a true hub of innovation for all. We’re a growing team and looking for talented, purpose-driven individuals to join us. We offer competitive salaries, a dynamic work environment, amazing benefits and more.
VCM will look, feel, and operate like a startup. This environment also creates great opportunities to be creative and to envision new projects that will take VCM’s mission, and particularly its impact in South Florida to the next level. We believe in experiments as a way of learning.
Before submitting your application, be sure to review the corresponding job description. Please remember to complete you application online at: http://venturecafemiami.org/job-opportunities/ then send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-time, Miami, FL
The VCM Associate will manage, facilitate, and support VCM’s programs, projects and initiatives relative to it VCM’s strategic pillars: building and strengthening connections, access to resources and capital; cultivating talent; activating global networks; broadening innovation; and civic innovation convening. The Associate will work closely with the Executive Director to advance the VCMi brand and position it as a neutral, valuable player that complements existing initiatives. The Associate will interface with the Program Manager to align engagement activities with the #ThursdayGathering to maximize partner impact. The Associate will serve as an intrapreneur who will provide strategic insights and new ideas around ways to drive impact for VCM in the form of operational, strategy and research support. Like all team members, this individual will deepen community engagement and be an external ambassador for VCM.
- Plan, coordinate and execute program activities including events, special programs and convenings with innovation and corporate collaborators, including Global Innovation Exchange, S.C.A.L.E., Captains of Innovation and more.
- Develop collateral and materials (presentation decks, marketing materials, etc.) for related program initiatives
- Research best practices, develop program audit and efficacy audit tools, support grant writing and development efforts
- Support the Executive Director in leading special initiatives to ensure objectives, deliverables and deadlines are met using superior project management skills
- Create and deliver outreach communications to corporate and startup accelerator program participants
- Provide detailed notes after meetings to startup and corporate teams
- Manage VCM’s internal databases of innovation professionals and pipeline of partnerships
- Coordinate with team members to update website and social media content relative to projects managed
- Other general administrative responsibilities in support of the Executive Director
- Prepare monthly reports for management team members
Your Background & Experience:
- Our work, mission and purpose resonates with you. You believe in our core values: inclusion, diversity, connectivity, access and opportunity
- You are curious and creative. You are passionate about innovation and/or entrepreneurship initiatives and have previous experience in this space.
- You have a deep knowledge of - and strong passion for - the value of community and movement building; must be able to articulate the value of community as a force for social change and innovation.
- You believe that innovation and entrepreneurship are instruments to improve the human experience, particularly when use as tools of empowerment, economic inclusion and access to opportunities and capital.
- You believe (or are at least open to the idea) that innovation and entrepreneurship take many forms beyond making apps and creating VC-funded startups.
- You are familiar with the South Florida innovation community, its key players, and believe in its potential for growth. An extensive social network in this community is desirable, as well as the ability to build local partnerships.
- You are curious and perhaps familiar with the evolution of business, industry and technology, while having a humanistic perspective.
- You are goal-oriented, driven, determined, highly energetic, hard-working, an out-of-the-box thinker and unfailingly dependable
- A bachelor’s degree in any field. Advanced degrees add significant value.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including research, writing and report preparation.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across business, academia, government, and civil society. An appreciation for the role of design and aesthetics in creating better communication tools, spaces, products, and services.
- Unwavering attention to detail, understanding that form is as important as function.
- Ability to work effectively in complex stakeholder environments. Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer, self starter and are comfortable in a nimble, fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, project and task management skills.
- Familiarity with social media channels. An ability to leverage them as part of your work is desirable. A diplomatic and consensus-oriented approach to decision-making.
- Global outlook with local roots and commitment.
- Clear views and positions without being dogmatic. Not a “yes-person”. Ability to work
- Good listener. You know when it is pertinent to speak and when it is better to be quiet.
Compensation & Benefits
Targeted hiring range: $45,000 - $50,000. Benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. If you are interested in this position, please APPLY ONLINE HERE, then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Venture Café Miami’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetics, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Further, we take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. We do not tolerate discrimination of any type or form.