Time: Approx. 30 minutes
Lentils are high in both types of fibers. For someone who may not be used to consuming a lot, don’t over eat! To avoid discomfort start with small portions.
Serve over grain, like organic brown rice.
Enjoy hot, or save for lunch / dinner for about 3-4 days.
Recipe by @EatingtoEndClimateChange
- 1 Tbls Oil (Coconut Oil)
- 2-4 Cups of Veggies (Carrots, Broccoli, Zucchini)
- 14 Oz Can of Diced Tomatoes w/ Juices
- 14 Oz Can of Coconut Milk, or 14 Oz of any Plant Based-Milk (Coconut, Cashew, Almond)
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Lentils
- Minced or Diced Onion to your preference
- Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut up your Veggies into 1/2 -1 inch pieces.
- Add your Tbsp of Oil in a large pot heated on high & toss in your Veggies. Stir and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add can of Diced Tomatoes (with juices), Plant-Based Milk, Water, Lentils, Onion.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for about a half hour.
- Add Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper.
- Once the liquid has cooked off, before anything begins sticking to the bottom, turn off heat.