SFES PTO Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Mr. Fowler, Mrs. Gates, Mrs. Wight, Mrs. Meadows, Heather Radler, Becky Troup, Jennifer Weatherstone, Tonya Watson, Kresta Pedicino, Stephanie Wilson
Location: SFES Conference Room
Minutes Recorder: Stephanie Wilson
REVIEW OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Minutes of Last Meeting Reviewed by: All
- Approved as is or with changes? (List changes or state “as is”) As is.
- Motion to Approve made by: Becky Troup
- Seconded by: Tonya Watson
Principal's report: Mr. Fowler
- Introducing Mrs. Wight (kindergarten) on the board and Mrs. Meadows (6th grade) again.
- All Pro Dads - 9/14 Thursday AM (2nd Thurs of every month). 6:30am-7:10am Curriculum to let dads have conversations w/ kids. Church provides/arranges breakfast.
ITEM 2 TOPIC: Various Presented by: Heather Radler
- Book Fair - PTO Please sign up first
- Spirit Days - will be last Friday of every month except Sept/Oct - will be Oct 2 to coincide w/ MIH Pep Rally. (FREE)
ITEM 3 TOPIC: Various Presented by: Becky
- T-shirts 17/18 design + Reglan T w/ teacher design on front
- Fall - working on hoodies, long-sleeve t’s, zip pullover order form
- Spirit Sticks - incentive-driven for teachers/pawsitively awesome/raising respect, arriving Thursday
- Grandparents Breakfast 6:30-7:10am in conjunction with Book Fair
- School Store open this Friday times TBD. Mrs. Meadows - Featured item of the week. Possibly bring them around in the afternoons on Friday.
ITEM 4 TOPIC: Make It Happen Presented by: Stephanie
- October 2 - 17, Pep Rally on Oct 2
- Dine for Dollars - create signs for car rider line
ITEM 5 TOPIC: Treasurer’s Report Presented by: Jennifer
- Book Fair Walk-throughs Thurs & Fri
- Treasurer Report - detailed report
ITEM 6 TOPIC: Fall Festival Presented by: Tonya
- Oct 21st 11am-4pm, Cockman Family performing 12-1. Ben Cockman’s SFES students will perform at 1:15, Food trucks, Volunteers from Bandys & Mill Creek, Hay rides, Raffle Baskets by grade level, Games by grade level. Vendors.
ITEM 7 TOPIC: Volunteer Presented by: Kresta
- Food Trucks for the teachers on Early Release Day - 1st is 9/20 as option. - Decided it would be on a case by case basis.
NEXT PTO MEETING DATES & UPCOMING EVENTS
Upcoming PTO Meeting Dates
- Board Meeting - 10/10 @ 3pm.
- Quarterly PTO Meeting - 9/28 @ 5pm
Upcoming Event Dates
- Book Fair - 9/11-9/15
- Grandparents Breakfast- 9/11
- Early Release Day - 9/20
- Curriculum Night + PTO Meeting - 9/28 @ 4:30pm
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no additional business to conduct, the meeting was adjourned.