Tairangi School Procedure Statement
ATTENDANCE REGISTERS NAG 6 Legislation & Regulations
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- All teachers will be reminded about the procedures for keeping registers at Teacher Only Days at the beginning of each year.
- Temporary registers will be kept for the first two weeks of the year. In week 3 all information will be transcribed to the permanent register. Temporary registers will be kept.
- All registers will be accurately kept by teachers. All entries will be in ink. Mistakes will be crossed out, corrected and noted in the registers’ “remarks” column. ‘Twink’ or white-out will not be used.
- Boys’ names will be listed before girls.
- Each age group will be listed separately.
- Student’s ethnicity, time at school and ages as at 1 January will be recorded.
- Registers will be marked twice a day for each student.
- Weekly totals of attendance will be kept. A total of half days will be recorded at the end of each term and at the end of the year.
- The maximum number of possible half days attended for each child each year will be 394.
- Recording weekly roll numbers in registers will be completed as instructed each year on Teacher Only Day.
- Registers will be inspected by the Principal at regular intervals.
- Attendance registers will be kept by the school for 10 years.
- All Emergency Drills will be recorded in the attendance register on the day the drill was held.
File:registers6.doc Procedure Statement – Attendance Registers