Course Changes & Guidance Appointments
Hello and welcome to the 2018-19 School Year at Resurrection Catholic Secondary School.
We are aware that the start of the new school year can increase student (and parent) anxiety and stress. Guidance counsellors are here to support and work with students to ensure a positive start to the school year. One of the biggest requests by students is to have their courses changed. To help manage and streamline the large number of timetable changes guidance counsellors will be working through “Essential Changes” first…..What is an essential change? See below.
We ask students to complete a GOLD essential timetable change form (available in the guidance office during registration days) for essential changes ONLY.
1. in grade 9, 10 or 11 and do not have 8 courses on their timetable
2. failed a course last semester and no longer have the prerequisite for a course on their timetable
3. are in grade 12 or year 5 and do not have enough courses on their schedule to reach 30 credits by the end of this year.
4. Level changes (example moving from academic to applied)
5. Imbalanced timetable (Ex. Math, English, Science in one semester)
For all other timetable changes please make an appointment with your guidance counsellor during lunch or after school, starting Tuesday September 4th 2018. (See below for Counsellors and link to online booking)
Please be aware that we can not accommodate teacher requests or requests to be in classes with friends.
Ms. Hummel, Ms. Stimson, Ms. Iley and Mr. Kritz
*** PLEASE be aware that the last day to request a timetable change (for Semester 1) is Friday September 7th 2018***
NOTE GUIDANCE CASELOADS HAVE CHANGED