Dear ECFS Families,
All student medical records and consent forms must be current and submitted prior to the start of the school year.
By June 30, you need to complete requirements in Magnus for your returning student. Many requirements simply require confirmation or your signature. All required forms can be downloaded from your Magnus account and will include a cover sheet with a barcode identifying the student and the requirement. Uploading forms directly to your child’s account is the fastest and most efficient way to be in compliance with requirements. If you need to mail or fax the forms instead, you must include the cover sheet and be aware that processing takes considerably longer. Electronic medical records systems require parents to submit all forms through Magnus— our nurses cannot accept or upload forms.
A short tutorial on the Magnus home page reviews how to submit files, or click here for directions.
Any forms that have expired or will expire soon must submitted again for 2018-19. To sign or submit a requirement marked complete, click edit next to the requirement, clear your answer, and sign or upload a new form.
Items parents must complete in Magnus by June 30:
- Student Vital Health Record (emergency contacts, physician contact, health history)
- Consent for Treatment
- ECFS Day Trip Waiver
Physician completed and signed forms that must be uploaded:
Be sure to include the cover page with barcode when returning forms for student identification
- Physical Form: Your child’s current physical is valid for one year. Once the physical date has been entered, Magnus will send you an alert when the next annual physical is due. Download the ECFS physical form from Magnus to bring to your physician, scan and upload when completed and signed. The Physical Form includes a section for Over The Counter Medication Authorization. This form must be signed by both the physician and parent/guardian.
- Immunizations: Your physician should complete this form at the time of the annual physical. Please note that immunizations must be uploaded separately from the physical.
- Eye Examination Form: Must be completed for all Kindergarten students or New Students entering Grades 1 - 5. Ophthalmologist or optometrist signature required (not pediatrician or nurse practitioner).
- Asthma, Allergy, Diabetes or Seizure Action Plan Forms: Only if Applicable.
Additional Parent-Entered Forms (if applicable):
- Prescription Medication Form: Complete and upload a form for each prescription.
- Athletic Consent Form: For grades 7-12, and only if your child will be playing a sport outside of Physical Education classes.
- Athletic Interval Health Form: Complete each season (fall, winter, spring), unless you have submitted a new physical form within 30 days of the new sport season.
- Fieldston Lower After School Program Transportation: Fieldston Lower After School Program families only. Complete if your child will be taking the bus following the Fieldston Lower After School Program to the Ethical Culture campus.
- Overnight and International Trip Liability Waivers as well as Class Trip Medication Forms will be distributed separately by the trip leader for every overnight or international trip.
All enrolled students must have completed health forms uploaded or completed online in Magnus by June 30. Students may not participate in pre-season athletics or attend class trips without completed requirements and uploaded health forms.
Click here to go directly to the Magnus Health website. Click here if you forgot your username or password. To contact Magnus, email email@example.com or call (877) 461-6831. To view the Magnus Health Privacy and Security page, click here.
Teddy J. O’Rourke
Director of Campus Services