Tairangi School Procedure Statement
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL NAG 5 Health and Safety
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- Tobacco and smoking is covered in out Smoke-Free Policy. It is banned at our school.
- Children requiring use of inhalers are encouraged to be responsible for their use. Children will not be permitted to administer prescription medicines – these will be administered by an adult.
- No child will be given Dispirin, Aspirin, Paracetamol, or any other like drug at school unless the parents have contacted the school or the school has contacted the parent.
- Ritalin will only be administered with the approval from the Principal.
- No staff member will be directed to administer any prescription drugs.
- The Dental Therapist is required to inform parents of any drugs or medication needed for dental treatment.
- Alcohol may only be consumed half an hour after students are dismissed. Staff, BOT members or visitors may consume alcohol in the staffroom or library. It may also be consumed in a block with the prior approval of the Board of Trustees.
- Illegal drugs are not permitted.
File:drugs5.doc Procedure Statement – Drugs & Alcohol