☆☆☆2019 DEMO RULES☆☆☆☆
RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED AND ADDED READ CAREFULLY ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT Chris Cherry (870) 623.6288
TRUNK AREA READ CAREFULLY
TOTAL SPACE AT CORE 3" REGARDLESS OF COMBINATION
#9 WASHERS FOR #9 ONLY NO OTHER PURPOSE
BLACK CARS ALLOWED IN 2019 BUT KEEP THEM LOOKING GOOD NUMBERS AND LETTERS MUST CONTRAST WELL!!
Semi Stock Rules:
DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THESE RULES, JUST READ THE RULES!! If it doesn't say you can, YOU CAN'T!
Or you will be loaded, your choice!
DO NOT paint anywhere on suspension, frame, inside the body, or wheel wells.... we will not even inspect your car.
- Body component must be direct bolt up only. Must be factory hardware or equivalent in size
- Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons
-Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris
- No sedagons, ZERO crease enhancement, ZERO sheet metal or frame shaping, forming or
folding. This means with wire or otherwise all body panels must remain in stock location.
- Deck and Hood must be 100% in stock location.
- Anything can be removed, NOTHING can be added
- Fasten trunks sheet metal to sheet metal only 6 places with #9 wire or chain plus the two 5/8 rods if trunk bolts are changed. Hoods get one hood clip 3-inch-long 2×2×3/16 with one 1/2-inch bolt and nut per side, ( 2)-5/8 bolts total thru hood in firewall area and 2 core support rods any combination sheet metal to sheet metal only. ~~TRUNKS NEW FOR 2019~~~ YOU MAY USE TWELVE 1×2×1/8 STRAPS PLUS 2 PLACES FOR #9 WIRE AND THE TWO 5/8 THREADED ROD IF YOU CHANGE TRUNK BODY MOUNTS, THESE 12 STRAPS MAY ONLY CONNECT FROM THE LID TO QUARTER TOP 4 PER CAR SIDE PLUS 4 ALONG THE SPEAKER DECK NOTHING BEYOND THE TUCK, INSIDE THE TRUNK, OR IN TAIL LIGHT AREA!!!! FASTEN TRUNKS BEFORE THE SHOW BUT A 10 INCH HOLE MUST BE CUT FOR INSPECTION!!! YOU MAY CHOSE THE WIRE OR WELD METHOD BUT NOT BOTH!! you may weld doors 6 inches total on each vertical seam. Drivers door may be welded 12 inches total on vertical seams only. 2” x 1/8” strap max. Do not weld hood except 4-1/2" tack welds per washer 1"washers max and the two hood clips allowed no pre-welding washers for #9 wire use period. IF YOUR WASHERS ARE USED FOR ANYTHING BUT WIRE WASHERS THEY WILL BE CUT OFF!!
you may add a 3" long tube 2 inch outside diameter for core support spacer any larger will be cut out completely this means 3 inches of space TOTAL not 3" of tube plus body pucks or other nuts washers etc.... if we feel the car has been tilted, cold bent, or otherwise you will be loaded!!!
- if you choose to change your core support mounts with 2 of your threaded rods you get 3 plates 1/4 thick 5x5 max OD 7 3/4 nuts 7 3"OD max 1/8 thick washers per threaded rod CORE SUPPORT ONLY
Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place.DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM, Exception You may change a total of 6 body bolts out, with 5/8" threaded rod with 3 nuts, 3 5/8 store bought washers and 3 5x5 1/4" thick plates per rod. These bolts cannot pass thru any cage material or anything other than the top side of the frame and top of the floor surface no exceptions. They must also be through an existing body mount no closing holes and removing a body bolt!!! If you chose 3/4 rod may be used for the core support rods but they must be used for two of your hood bolts and the remaining 4 bolts must be 5/8. Must be straight vertical rod only, no bends or angle pieces. Must have 1-inch rubber or metal spacer no larger than stock body pucks and all bottom nuts must be inside frame. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece #9 wire may be substituted. ZERO welding allowed to mount this rod. Rusted out body bolts may be removed and replaced with a single strand of #9 wire.
- #9 wire or chain required in front windshield.
- You may dimple your rear frame rails in place of trunk notch only no hump creasing
- NO welding on frames allowed.
- you may change coil springs to a stiffer oem passenger car spring. Front springs in the front Rear in the rear no swapping locations.
- All suspension must remain stock. ZERO aftermarket parts. You may change upper A-arms to stamped steel from the cast arms on Ford's, but ford upper arms and factory hardware must be used from the car being ran. This means cut the bar out of the arm and run individual bolts if the car you are running came that way.
-Rear control arms may be changed but must be stock NO SHORTING %100 stock
- You may use (store bought spring spacers, no homemade spacers on top of the springs)
- You may use a single strand #9 wire to hold coil spring to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps.
- (2) 3/8 threaded rod two 3"wide straps bolted to core support with (2) 3/8 bolts per strap to hold radiator in.
- ANY drivetrain & transmission (manuals allowed no aftermarket bellhousings OEM only) allowed with the following criteria.
- No pinion brakes
- Only the lower stock engine mounts may be welded to k member only. You may use two 1/2" thick 6x6 spacers to raise engine. If you need more than 1/2 to raise engine to clear steering components, may not exceed rubber mount area. You may extend off back of cradle but nothing excessive, 1/2" flat plate only (example SBC in Caddy, Mopar)
- No tranny protectors, stock mounting only, stock cross members only.
- May use 2’’x 3’’x 6’’1/4 angle. If relocating (2- ½ bolts per side to mount to frame or weld to the side of frame
- You may weld rear end gears and mount tabs only.
- Rear end swaps allowed, no bracing, no welding, no re-enforcement. Mounting tabs may be added to the rear-end only no frame mods to retro fit. Max axle size 31 spline AFTERMARKET AXLES OK 31 SPLINE 5 LUG ONLY, mount tabs will be allowed to retro fit rear-ends. All welding will be strictly limited to mounting tabs only no bracing, reinforcing, or excessive welding of any kind. Do not push this rule, we are being fair, and you will be loaded no questions asked.
- All money winners will have to load on trailer and pull axles before payout.
- You may run 1 spot of #9 wire vertical from rear end to frame per side, nothing thru body. 4 loops, 8 strands together in center twist only.
- Floor shifters allowed, headers allowed, gas pedals and brakes. ALSO, SOLID ROD STEERING COLUMNS ARE ALLOWED Clarification: none may strengthen car. 6x 5/8" max bolts and 3" washer max. Clutch pedal may be mounted to dash bar only.
- No engine cradles, skid plates, protectors of any kind, and no aftermarket parts of this nature at all.
-If you run an LS you may use conversion brackets 3/16 max thickness no gussets. to except an old-style rubber frame mount. Please call.
- You may run the Chevy to Ford engine mounts 3/16 max thickness no gussets. 3 PLATE DESIGN PLZ CALL
- You may have 2-5/16 chains 1- per side attached from block or headers to engine frame mount not to frame or k member nothing excessive only for safety
- You may swap engines, i.e. Chevy in a Ford.
- Slip shafts allowed at all shows.
- 4-point square cage only, (1) down tube in the center of each front door welded to sheet metal only nothing to the frame. max 60- inch cage over all measurement. 6- inch max, must be mounted horizontally and 6 inches off floor. Gussets only in interior of 4-point cage.
- Halo bar allowed (2)1/2 bolts with 1/2 washers to attach to roof, only to the backseat bar or sidebars, not to floor. Gas tank mount may be welded to back bar but must be 6 inches from rear sheet metal no wider than 24". We will not allow rear seat areas or wagons to be filled in the backseat area with a gas tank protector!! This is a mount only!!
- Drivers door must be padded.
- Gas tank and max two batteries must be moved and secured. Tank behind the seat, Batteries centered in the passenger front floor using the box or boxes to strengthen the floor will get you loaded.
- Nothing may be mounted in a way that strengthens the car.
- Trans coolers allowed. Must be mounted inside 4-point cage area. Or on cage must be tight to cage if mounted on back bar.
- you may weld rear bumper strait to frame or follow the rules for the front bumper if using a shock.
- You may weld on any bumper, (must appear automotive and no points beyond factory spec) you may weld bumper bracket (in factory location) to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper, in addition you may put 4 one inch welds on back side of bumper bracket or to weld shock inside frame(example Crown Vic’s).
You may shorten up to an inch in front of the core support to be hard-nosed if you hard nose no shock allowed inside the frame.
---If your car did not come with a shock (example 71 Chevy) you may use a 74-76 BOP bracket mounted in stock location with stock bolts, only welding described above.
- Or you may chain, 2 piece of chain per side BOLTED from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper. YOU MAY HARDNOSE OLD IRON ALSO BUT NO BRACKET OR SHOCK USED AT ALL ONLY WELD A SINGLE PASS TO BUMPER MAX 1/2 INCH-WIDE AND THE ONLY FRAME CUTTING YOU CAN DO IS SQUARE THE END FOR BUMPER FIT NO WELDING 4 INCHES BACK IF YOU CHOSE THIS METHOD.
- Any tire wheel combo bead locks must be on inside and no larger than 2" larger total than rim size, bead protectors ok but in bead area only. Brakes MUST work.
Only welding allowed is doors, bumper, engine mount, cage and rear end gears! This build should only take 3 days, if you spend more than that you are probably overbuilt for this class and will not run! JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL! PLAY IN THE GREY IF YOU ARE BRAVE BUT DON'T BE MAD WHEN LOADED!!!