SACRED HEART OF MARY SAFE INTERNET USE AGREEMENT
You must sign the School Internet Permission form to be granted access to the internet.
Agreement to the following will secure your online safety and ensure you are acting as a responsible digital citizen.
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork, homework and as directed.
- I will ask for permission when bringing digital files into school (on removable media or online) and ask permission to upload appropriate material to my workspace.
- I will only work on my own files on my own computer at all times.
- I will keep my logins, IDs and passwords private at all times.
- I will only log onto the school Network/ learning platform with my own username and password.
- I will not download attachments or documents without the consent of my teacher.
- I will report any issues with the school network to my teacher immediately.
- I will not remove or tamper with ICT equipment and will report any damaged equipment to my teacher/network manager immediately.
EMAIL / COMMUNICATION
- I will only use my school email address when using the school network/learning platform.
- When communicating with staff/students I will be polite and respectful.
- I am aware that all communications/activity is monitored across the school network at all times to protect and safeguard all members of the school community. This includes Google Classroom and any use of the Google Suite.
- I will not give out any personal information such as phone number or address. I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher.
- I acknowledge that emails sent outside of school hours will be treated as if they were sent on the morning of the next day the school is open.
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like I will not respond to it, but I will save and talk to the teacher / trusted adult.
USE OF INTERNET
- I will be responsible for my own behaviour when using the internet.
- I will not use work from the Internet as if it were my own. I will give credit to the sources of materials included in my work.
- I will use the internet responsibly and will only visit websites approved by the school.
- I will not attempt to bypass the internet filtering system.
- I will not download software from the Internet
- I am aware that, at all times, my online activity should not upset or hurt other people and I should not put myself at risk.
- I am aware that my internet access can be restricted by the school should I fail to comply with the expectations outlined above.
I have read and understand these choices of behaviour are designed to keep me and our school community safe. I agree to them and understand that if they are not followed, school sanctions may be applied and my parent/carer may be contacted.