NEWTalk: Episode 2 Educated
In your groups, you will be utilizing the resources and research you have been studying in core and creating Episode 2 for N.E.W. School’s “NEWTalk” video.
Outline of Video:
- Intro to Video:
- This episode will be exploring education globally. Your first task in the introduction to your video is to answer the questions below by citing content from your three classes and guided by research done during your exploration.
- How do people learn effectively?
- What is the value of being educated?
- What sacrifices are made to be educated?
- What is the most effective way to learn? Develop an answer to this question based off your exploration of learning styles and research. After stating your hypothesis explain the procedures of your experiment. Include your rationalization which lead you to your hypothesis.
- Document Trials of Experiment:
- During this part of the video you should include short segments and photos of you and your group carrying out your experiment with different control groups.
- C.E.R. & Conclusion:
- In this portion of the video you will be tasked with restating your hypothesis; as well as, analyzing and discussing the results of your experiment. Make sure you organize your data in a visual format (graph, chart or table). Finally, state whether your hypothesis was confirmed or denied based off the data you collected.
- Final Remarks:
- How do these results relate back to our focus on global education?
- Your group must create and film a 4 minute video addressing the topic and the design thinking process.
- Your video presentation must have at least one group member on camera discussing the topic.
- It is alright to have an off screen cue card available for your onscreen speakers.
- There must be a visual element integrated within your NEWTalk video.
- There must be text, music and/or sound effects integrated into your video.
- There must be a fully edited written script that includes a work cited page.
Benchmarks Due Dates and Aligned Rubrics
Empathy Scavenger Hunt
Design Thinking Outline
Creative Design & Innovation
NEWTalk Episode 2
Collaboration & Contributions in a Team Dynamic
Visual Design & Organization
***Please note, all benchmarks can be resubmitted for a higher grade; however, resubmission is due prior to the next benchmark.
Final Project Due Date is November 2nd, 2018