Landscape Tech I Job Description
Position qualifications (essential qualifications including job experience, skills, and education):
- Enjoy the outdoors!
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Follow safety procedure.
Job summary or overview:
- No landscaping experience needed / safety awareness on the job training will be available. Landscape Tech I will work in a team of 2 or 3 depending on maintenance techniques. Daily tasks include setting up truck for the day, working under the crew leader, traveling to job sites, completing work order, returning to shop, and cleaning out truck for the following day.
- Skills to learn:
- Plant Species
- Understanding the tools needed to complete the day’s work order
- Proper & Best Management landscaping techniques
Assigned duties and responsibilities:
- Beginning of Day: Active participant in Safety PreJob & Loading truck with all needed tools
- During the Day:
- Good communication / positioning with other team members
- Physically demanding – depends on the daily work order. Work ranges from maintenance properties, landscape installation, & drainage work.
- End of Day: Clean out all debris in truck & bed of truck
Supervisor or manager:
Greg Knighton, Manager, will oversee the daily tasks and majority of the responsibilities. Carmen Chlada, Landscape Designer, will oversee a few tasks and communicate the details of the project.
Salary / Benefits:
- Starting at $14 – opportunity to advance to Landscape Tech II
- Team focused environment
- Paid Vacation & Holidays