In Attendance: Stephen, Dave, Charissa, Hal, Noel (by phone), Randy
Excused: Alan Smith, Margo Glass, Brandon Hakari
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Board Member Committee Reports
- Current membership is 842 people.
- Hagg Lake -- 320 registrations (v 331); context of 100 fewer 10k series participants; higher revenue (fewer discounted entries); good weather; success with new timer
- UTLR -- 317 registered (antic. about 450 based on projected race day reg v. 362 last year)
- Summer Solstice -- 126 registered (antic. about 260 v 200 last year)
- Dual Duel -- registration just opened
- Opening registration for all events 6 months in advance (Blue Lake, BDR, Turkey due to open soon)
- Equipment and Storage - Hal -- 2 Chronomix timing clocks (bought 1980; used historically for races and rental) -- won’t take charge; $450 for new battery; Hal will approach Jeff Huber for advice. Garage party to clean up storage: early fall.
- Marketing/Social Media - Charissa -- Presentation on communications and social media (slides sent to board via email). Motivation: increasing participation at ORRC events. Focus on Clear, Correct, Comprehensive, Consistent, and timely info on ORRC website, RunSignUp, and Facebook. Future steps: Look at analytics to assess effectiveness; review survey to maximize useful information; get more eyes on both website and posts before distribution; improve club communication between RDs, web, social media, timer, etc.;
- Investment opportunities - Steve
Dave will prepare info/proposal for next meeting
Reviewed survey results
- Banking update - Add Alan Smith to Wells Fargo account to allow for ORRC credit card authorization.
Need hard copy version for board member signatures
- “Senior” Citizen Race Discount
- Over time we’ve had several people ask us about discounting our events for seniors (we’d have to pick an age). What’s everyone think? We could accomplish this within RunSignUp’s options for age-related pricing.
Discussion of pricing; ORRC 20% below industry on average. Club membership offers $10 discount. Volunteer for free entries.
- 2019 RRCA Championship Series - Steve
RRCA asking for races to consider for national races. Put Best Dam Run up for consideration?
- Board Team Building Exercise - Steve
Gathering outside of traditional board meeting; perhaps joint volunteer at Summer Solstice; TBA
Stephen -- volunteers for paint group event