Gateway Regional High School
Microsoft Office / Grades 9-12
Mrs. Elaine Dugary
856-848-8200 ext. 592
Google Classroom Code-c3qgers
Students in this course apply learned skills to complete Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications. Skills learned can be applied to most software applications that a student will use for school or personal activities.
- Students will be on time and prepared
- Students will respect each other and staff
Topics to be Covered
- Create and edit word documents
- Create a research paper (MLA format)
- Create a cover letter & resume
- Create a document with a title page, table, chart, and watermark
- Generate form letters, mailing labels, & directories
- Create newsletters
- Create a worksheet and an embedded chart
- Formulas, functions, & formatting
- What If analysis, charting and working with large worksheets
- Financial functions, data tables, & amortization schedules
- Creating, sorting, & filtering data
- Create slideshow presentations
- Work with-text, objects, lines, fills, colors
- Advanced text manipulation
- Create charts, tables
- Animation & slideshow effects
- Final project-music video
- Primary 60% Tests & Major Projects
- Secondary 30% Quizzes
- Support 10% Class work
- All class work needs to be completed prior to the test. If it is not completed during class it will be the student’s responsibility to complete either during study hall, after school, or at home.
- Test retakes are permitted on the condition that the student seeks remedial help prior to the retake.
Required and Recommended Materials
I am available most days after school for extra help. Students must make arrangements with me at least one day in advance.
Classroom Behavioral Expectations and Rewards/Consequences
- Students are expected to report to class on time.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd lateness, teacher warning
- 4th lateness = 1st referral to Administrator -1 hour detention
- 8th lateness = 2nd referral to Administration - 2 (1) hour detentions
- Cell phones need to be away during class.
- 1st & 2nd offense - teacher warning
- 3rd offense - phone call/email home
- 4th offense - one hour after school detention with Mrs. Dugary
- Students are expected to do their own work
- 1st offense-Warning and discussion of plagiarism/academic dishonesty with the Assistant Principal; -Teacher notification to the parent
- Grade and/or discipline in lieu of grade consequence
- 2nd offense-Warning and discussion of plagiarism/academic dishonesty with the Assistant Principal; -Teacher notification of the parent;
- Grade is at the discretion of the teacher