Graduation & Senior Information 2019
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4 p.m. - Wolf Den Stadium
Graduates report to the gym by 3:00 pm with gown in hand
Graduation Rehearsal: MANDATORY
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- 12:30pm- Stadium for Lunch and Activities
- 1:30pm - ACHS Gym to start Practice
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 @ 4p.m. at the Wolf Den Stadium
- Graduates report to the gym by 3:00 pm with gown in hand in order to participate.
- Parents are instructed to meet their graduate on the football field after the graduation ceremony.
- The Stadium opens at 2:30pm.
Graduation/Stadium rules: Please make sure guests are aware that any items that block or disrupt the view of others or graduates are prohibited during graduation ceremony; including, but not limited to: banners, balloons, air horns, noise makers, posters or signs, foam fingers or personal cheer items.
- Diplomas will be distributed the day following the Graduation Ceremony - Thursday June 6th. Students will report to the front of the ticket booth at Wolf Den Stadium at the designated time to pick up diploma. All textbooks, library books, and laptops must be returned and all fees/fines must be paid prior to receiving diploma.
- Seniors Last names L-Z 9am-10am
- Seniors Last names A-K 10am-11am
Graduate Dress Code: Dress “professionally”...examples are listed below:
- Males: Neutral colored pants (khaki, black, grey or navy blue-no denim) white dress shirt and tie or traditional ethnic shirt.
- Females: Summer dress or traditional ethnic shirt and dress pants, flat dress shoes or low heeled wedges.
- Nothing other than school issued recognitions (honor cords, medallions, etc). may be worn over cap & gown.
- Students must arrive in proper attire as outlined above and bring cap & gown with them. Seniors still needing to purchase cap & gown can do so by clicking on the Jostens Graduation Products link on the right side of this page, or visit https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1961137/American-Canyon-High-School/
Cap and Gown: Seniors must wear both a cap and gown to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Make sure the gown has been removed from the bag and ironed if necessary.
- Caps may be decorated ONLY with the name of a graduate’s next school, college, university or branch of military. Students may choose to leave caps undecorated.
- Gowns are not to be decorated.
- Traditional Hawaiian and Polynesian leis are approved for all students.
- Only pre-approved stoles, cords and sashes are allowed from school-sponsored clubs and activities. Save other decorations for photos after the graduation ceremony.
- Unapproved decorations and/or alterations will result in graduates not participating in the graduation ceremony.
Student Behavior Expectations
- Graduation is a formal and serious event--quite possibly the most important event, to date, in the lives of you and your family. We expect, and will enforce, the highest standards of behavior from our students during this event. Any actions that detract from the ceremony, that undermine its high tone and purpose, will not be tolerated.
Graduation information is posted on our school website www.amcanhs.nvusd.org