Tsadik Prize Competition 2018
“Enable your vision”
Call for projects
Your want to start a new project and need funding? This call for projects is for you!
Thanks to a partnership with the Tsadik Foundation, euforia is offering funding opportunities to projects created during / after euforia events in Switzerland and abroad.
Competition is not really the right word, as the aim of this initiative is not to choose the best project, rather to provide some funding to several projects in order to allow them to advance.
The jury will allocate the funding available (2 000 €) according to the needs of the different projects and the expected effect this funding will have on each project. The ultimate goal is to allow as many projects as possible to advance.
In fact, the Tsadik competition goes beyond purely financial support. Taking part in the competition will allow you to develop key competences in different areas, including fundraising and pitching of your project to potential partners. Moreover, each applicant will receive detailed feedback on their project.
We advise you not to enter this competition with a competitive mindset, rather with one of solidarity. Try to estimate your financial needs in as much a realistic way as possible, as by setting your funding expectations too high you may end up leaving another great project without any funding. Please keep in mind that the aim of the Tsadik Prize Competition is not to finance your project in its entirety, rather to provide the funding necessary for it to get started. It is up to you to look elsewhere for further funding.
In order to apply, you are kindly requested to send a dossier as well as a video message. Your dossier should contain:
- The name of your project as well as a list of its members, at least one of which has to be a former euforia event participant. Please specify the city and date of the attended event.
- The social cause your project tackles and the answer your project gives.
- The project vision, mission, objectives and action plan.
- The project implementation strategy.
- The project budget for the next 12 months (or until the project comes to conclusion if it shall end in less than 12 months).
- A specific funding request: what amount you are demanding, when and on what expenses you will spend the potential grant, how the potential grant from this competition will allow the project to significantly advance.
Your dossier should be written in English – you will not be assessed on language. Your video-message should be a 3-minute pitch of the project – you can go wild on your creativity here. Your pitch can be in German, French or English.
The jury is composed of 3 people, including euforia volunteers and staff, and will allocate the funding these criteria:
- Your team must be of at least 2 people, one of which must be a former euforia event participant;
- You must submit a signed declaration stating you will submit reports of your project progress 12 months after receiving the grant.
- You must have created a legal entity with a bank account.
- The effect the grant is expected to have on the progress of your project must be clearly stated and realistic
- Relevance: Your project must tackle a real, concrete, important and urgent social, economic or environmental issue;
- Impact Potential: it’s clear what the project is going to improve for society/the environment/the economy and how this is being measured
- Feasibility: a proof of concept and a practical step by step strategy show that the project can be implemented
- Originality and Innovation: the project provides a wow-effect by focusing on its innovations or on how it has added new and creative ideas to an existing project
- Business Model: the project is financially viable and scalable over time
- Marketing and Presentation: the project is convincingly sold with passion, creativity and eloquence
- Competition winners will be announced in Spring 2019.
- It is intended that if the project is discontinued after funds have been granted, any remaining funds will be transferred back to euforia so that they can be allocated to other projects.
- For any question, please email email@example.com