ShalomLearning Online Hebrew Teacher
ShalomLearning Online Jewish Values Teacher
ShalomLearning offers innovative K-7 Jewish education that meets the needs of today’s children, families, and educators and is currently seeking experienced online educators to lead Hebrew and prayer, and Jewish values learning classes for students in grades 3-7. We offer teacher training and support for our easy-to-use curricula.
- Passion and expertise in teaching Hebrew decoding and prayer (where applicable)
- Passion and expertise in teaching Jewish values (where applicable)
- Knowledge and experience in instructional best practices for online learning
- Engaging online teaching style
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, parents and participating schools
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills
- Interact with students in a professional manner, offering constructive, encouraging, and timely feedback
- Provide your own computer with camera and wired connection and other equipment to teach remotely
- Motivation to work independently
- Proven reliability
ShalomLearning will provide the curriculum and pacing for Online teachers to follow. Teachers will be expected to assign and monitor student work outside of class time and provide feedback, engage students during class, assess student performance, track attendance and communicate with families. Additionally, teachers will be required to attend paid trainings, participate in two professional development sessions, and one observation including pre-meeting and feedback.
The teacher’s technology requirements and equipment (ex. internet connection, software/hardware, a monitor) must be sufficient and allow the teacher to deliver online instruction during live classes
- Teachers should have their own computer, camera, and microphone in good working condition
- Internet connection should be stable with sufficient speed to present course material including video without lag
- Access to a strong wired network is preferred. Strong, reliable Wi-fi is acceptable with a wired connection as a backup.
- Teachers should use headphones with a microphone while teaching
- Teachers should have adequate lighting to be clearly visible to students
Click here for an application and to upload a resume.