Scanning for PDF - Xerox 7835
Scanning to Make an Accessible PDF
The purpose of these instructions are to provide guidelines for producing the highest quality scan to make and accessible PDF document. The Xerox WorkCentre 5855 and 7835 have the same screens.
1. Log in to the multi-function-device (MFD) with your printing pin. When you log in you will be taken directly to the Release documents page. You will need to click the Services Home button located to the left of the touchscreen to get to the list of services.
Image of the Services Home screen on the Xerox 7835. There are six main tasks presented. They are, (in order from L-R) Copy, Email, Print From..., Workflow Scanning, ID Card copy, and Release documents.
2. Select the Email option on the home screen. Add your email address to the To: field, and optionally change the subject to something that will help you remember what the message is about.
In order to ensure that the quality of the resulting scan will be as high as possible there are three settings we need to check and/or change. They are:
3. Set the color setting to Grayscale.
Image of the scan color setting with Grayscale highlighted.
4. Adjust the resolution to 300 dpi by first clicking on the Advanced tab and then the Resolution setting.
Image of the Advanced Settings tab and the resolution setting, located in the upper right corner.
5. Check to make sure that the document format is set to PDF on the Email options tab.
Image of the Email Options tab with the file format settings located in the top-center of the page.
6. Once these settings have been addressed you may click the green Start button on the MFD to scan and email your document.
Once back at your computer you may download the document and open the document in Adobe Acrobat Pro for further editing. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro and would like it installed on your machine, please submit a request through SchoolDude.