Consignor Information Packet
- Consignor Registration:
- Thursday November 29, Presale entry times starting at 5pm
- Volunteers at 5 PM, Sellers at 6 PM, Public at 7 PM with $5 donation
- Friday, November 30, 9am-4pm
- Sat., Sept. 15, 9am-12pm
- Half-price from 9am-12pm (most items half-off, as marked)
- Dollar dash from 1pm-2pm (many items available for $1, as marked)
- Christ Community UMC Fellowship Hall
- Registration Deadline: November 26, 2018
- Fee: $10 payable online or in the church office (check or cash, exact change only); Note your consignor number on all checks. Square ™ invoices can be sent for online payment
- Choose your own six-digit seller number. The seller number will be confirmed by email after your payment has been received. You will receive a confirmation email containing tag templates and a link to book a Consignor Check-In slot. Use only the provided tag template printed only on card stock. Printer paper will not hold up during the sale.
- Choose which items to keep at full price or half price on Saturday. Tags with NR printed next to the price = no reduction. Tags without NR will automatically change to half price on Saturday. If you want to allow your item to go for $1.00 in the last hour of the sale, be sure to use the appropriate tag with $DD on the bottom. All Dollar Dash items must be marked to allow for half-price sales Saturday morning.
- Choose to donate or pick up any unsold items. Any items you would do not want to pick up must be eligible and marked for half-price sale and Dollar Dash on Saturday. All items unclaimed after 7pm Saturday, Sept 15 will be donated to charity, including the CCUMC Thrift Store, no exceptions.
- Don’t want to tag and price your own clothes? We will do it for you and give you half the proceeds (50% split). Just bring in the clothes on hangers, sorted by size by Sunday evening, and we’ll take care of the rest. This option is not available for increased commission for volunteers.
- Consignors, guests and expectant parents can shop the presale 6pm-8pm, Thursday, Sept. 29. Volunteers can enter the presale earlier.
- Consignors receive 65% of the selling price. 4+ hour volunteers receive 70%. 8+ hour volunteers receive 75%, 12+ hour volunteers receive 50%.
- Proceeds benefit the ministry of Christ Community UMC in Harbour Heights and Deep Creek. All consignors receive a tax receipt for the retained portion of sales upon request.
- Allow 7-10 days for checks to be mailed after the sale. You will be notified by email when the checks are sent.
- Feeling extra charitable? We’ll gladly accept your donations and add them to the sale and provide you with a receipt for your entire donation.
Consignor Information Packet - Revised Fall 2018
- Donate gently used children’s items to the sale!
- We are accepting all seasons of children’s and maternity clothing, uniforms, play clothing, shoes, books, toys, children’s decor, play equipment, sporting goods, entertainment, and travel equipment in good condition.
- In exchange you receive a Tax Receipt.
- Drop items off at the fellowship hall according to your drop off assignment.
- Volunteers will tag & sell donated items to benefit the Church’ss Ministry.
3. Consignor Check-In
- Consignor check-in times:
- Sunday afternoon 2 PM - 6 PM: only for donations and 50/50 tagging/pricing service
- Monday - Wednesday afternoons 3- 7 PM: all consignors
- Thursday 9 AM - 3 PM: all consignors
- Sign up here to check in your items.
- Be sure to book a check-in slot! The link will be in your registration confirmation email, sent after your registration fee has been received.
- Reserve 1 slot for every 100 items you bring to sell.
- Please assist the check-in volunteers by placing your items on the sales floor, after they have been checked.
- Volunteers will check each item to ensure compliance with the Tagging Guidelines (see #5 below).
- The Sale reserves the right to reject or flag items at our discretion.
- Incorrectly tagged, pinned, or hung items may be corrected by the consignor at the Consignor Check-In appointment. You may bring these back at a later time if you choose to correct them.
- We need your help! The sale is run solely by volunteers.
- Anyone can volunteer! You do not need to be a consignor to volunteer.
- Exciting new volunteer opportunities this year! Check out the link below.
- 4 hours = receive 70% of your selling prices;
- 8 hours = receive 75% of your selling prices;
- 12 hours = receive 80% of your selling prices
- All volunteers get to shop the evening before the general public.
- Less than 3 volunteer hours = receive 65% of selling price; enter presale at 7:00 with $5/donation.
- Please note no volunteer supplement will be added to consignor commissions for items given to the 50/50 split.
- Youth volunteers welcome to earn service hours - we can sign/authorize hours of service given to the church.
Consignor Information Packet - Revised Fall 2018
- Tagging Guidelines
- Use wire hangers only. No plastic hangers. Dollar stores often carry wire (plastic-coated okay) hangers.
- Hang clothes so the hanger hook points to the left, to look like a question mark.
- Use cardstock for tags, any color. Regular paper rips easily.
- Pin tag in upper right corner, when looking at the garment. Consider hole-punching two holes for safety pin (no straight-pins) to go through.
- Pin pants the same way - using two safety pins, pin through the front and back waistband and through the top of the hanger on each side.
- Please only use our tags. A tag template will be provided in consignor confirmation email. Remove any tags from other sales. Pay close attention to the tagging instructions.
- Use tags labeled NR to indicate items that will remain full price on Saturday. NR = not reduced.
- Use tags without NR to discount your item by 50% on Saturday.
- Trim sides neatly to the black line of each tag.
- If an item has multiple pieces or is sold as a set, include a tag on each piece. Label one tag with the price and indicate that multiple pieces are included. Label all subsequent tags with “2 of 4”, “3 of 4”, etc.
- All tags must include the following information:
- Your confirmed 4-digit seller number. First initial, last four of phone number, last initial. (Example: John Smith at 941-555-1234 would be “ J 1 2 3 4 S “.)
- Price items in 50-cent increments only. Minimum is $1.-. Any partial dollar prices will be rounded down at check out.
- Write the price as a number dot dash, example: $1.-
- Gender and Size. Use the lowest number of the size range listed on the clothing tag. For example, if the tag says 4/5, write size ‘4’ on your tag. Size by number, not S, M, or L.
- Brief description of the item - this allows us to match lost tags to items and prevent switching of tags - brand, color, style, etc.
- If an item does not have a tag, the item becomes property of the sale. We will make every effort to reunite lost tags with their respective item.
- Tags lacking a price or illegible will be priced by sale volunteers.
- Use only medium or large silver safety pins.
- Do not use little gold safety pins, straight pins or staples.
- Extra safety pins are available at Walmart, Target, and dollar stores.
- For toys, books, nursery items, décor, etc., use Scotch Tape or Painters Tape only. Other tape can damage items.
- Only tape 2 sides or 2 corners of the tag. More tape can damage the tag or item by making it difficult to remove at check out.
- Do not apply tape directly to decorative items. Tape can destroy decorative items.
- Zip-lock baggies can also be used to protect items from damage or lost pieces.
- Consider zip-tying shoes together
- Toys that require batteries MUST have working batteries. This includes large ride-on toys such as jeeps, cars, etc. If we cannot see that it works, we may not accept it.
- Toys, games, puzzles must be clean and have ALL pieces.
- Place toys with multiple pieces in a zip-lock bag and tape shut.
- Accepted / Excluded Items
- The sale accepts the following items:
- Children’s and Maternity clothing and accessories (sizes infant to child 16, no adult sizes).
- Shoes in good condition (placed in plastic bags or zip tied together; secure tag to shoes with pins or tape on bag).
- Baby equipment, nursery furniture, décor.
o Toys, books, videos, puzzles and games.
o E-Rated video games, G & PG rated movies.
o Handheld gaming units, educational software.
o Stuffed Animals – 3 item limit.
- All items must be in excellent condition. The Sale reserves the right to reject or flag any item due to stains, signs of wear, seasonality, size, etc.
The sale does not accept the following items:
- Car Seats and helmets
- Junior Sizes, Maternity Underwear
- Pacifiers and Teething Toys (even new)
- Recalled Items (such as drop side cribs)
- Teen/Adult Books, Marriage or Relationship Books, Encyclopedias
- Copied videos/dvds/cds/etc or media without original cases
- Destination / event based Shirts, School, Band, Runs, Summer camp, Restaurants, etc.
- If an item is pulled from the sale, we cannot guarantee it will be returned.
- Sale Information
- All sale proceeds retained by the Kids’ Consignment Sale are used to support ministries in Harbour Heights and Deep Creek by Christ Community UMC.
- The Deep Creek Harbour Heights Consignment Sale is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- Pick up unsold items between 4:00 and 7:00 Saturday, December 1. Any items remaining after 7pm will be donated to charity.
- You are welcome to come before 4:00pm to help finish sorting items before collecting your unsold items.
- Your assistance in advertising the sale is our best form of marketing! Yard signs, posters and flyers are available, please post on your social media, tell friends, neighbors, co-workers, share in your mommy and school groups, etc.
Email Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for consigning with the Harbour Heights - Deep Creek Kids Consignment Sale!