Access Ability Wisconsin, Inc.
Outdoors Access 4 All!™
Activities & Events
In addition to having the equipment available for individuals and organizations to reserve, AAW strives to bring awareness through outreach at outdoor and education activities and events. We have presented to clubs and organizations: for example, The Rotary Club, Dane County Fire Department Chiefs, Dane County Conservation League, Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities, and others.
The following is a summary of the many events and activities we have attended and supported:
- Dane County Pheasants Forever (DCPF) Annual Banquet (2014-2017)
- Annual spring adaptive pheasant hunt for veterans and others with mobility issues in Kenosha, WI (2015-2017)
- Wisconsin Hunter Education Instructor Assoc. Conference (2015-2017)
- Various Hunter Ed Safety Field Days including Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School (CHUMS) Field Days throughout (2014-2017)
- Veteran's Resource Fair, Blackhawk Tech, Janesville (2015-2016)
- Midwest Outdoors Heritage Education Expo (MOHEE) Youth Expo at the Mackenzie Center. Admission for youth is free and more than 2000 4th-7th graders attend (2015-2017). This is a unique field trip where students can be face-to-face with live wolves, lynx, badger, otter, bison and eagles, and participate in archery, air-gun, fisheries, forestry, wildlife and so many other fun activities, all in one location.
- Middleton National Trail Days (2016-2017)
- Various Parades around Dane County such as City of Oregon’s annual parade at which two outdoor wheelchairs will be driven by individuals with a physical disability. (2016-2017)
- Pope & Young, at Mackenzie Center consisting of families from all over WI (2016)
- "USSA Summerfest” Event held in Black River Falls for 150 families with children who are disabled or have a permanent illness and veterans (2016)
- Madison SCI Picnic - www.MadisonSCI.org (2015-2017)
- Harvest Moon event at Capital Springs Park in Madison, WI (2016-2017)
- Annual DCPF Youth Activity Day - Outdoor wheelchairs are present at Swamplovers to encourage youth with a physical disabilities to attend (2014-2017)
- Work with Madison College students on a community project to promote Outdoors Access 4 All! (2016)
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy in Middleton, WI - Memory and Nature Day (2017)
- Veterans and others with mobility issues annual fall pheasant hunt (2014-2016)
- VA Adaptive Recreation Expo (2017)
- Oregon Sportsman’s Club (2014-2016)
- Milwaukee Casting Club (2017)