Happy birthday last Friday to Jennifer E.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Mon., 4/22, Thurs., 5/30 and Fri., 5/31. More may be added later after we see what else winter has in store for us.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
Beginning Mon., 3/11-Fri., 3/29, school will begin at the usual time, 8:20 but will be extended 30 min. to end the school day at 3:30. Regular bus routes will run at 4:00.
The late shuttle will also run ½ hour later as will after school activities.
Congrats to Andrew Quade and Parker Freeburg for being named to the All Conference Boys Basketball team. Also congratulations to Ethan Mischke and Wyatt Christians for being named Red Rock Conference Honorable Mention
01. Lunch today: Fresh, grilled Hamburger bar, fixings, tater tots, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Egg & cheese muffin, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Walking tacos, refried beans, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 3/26 - Dynamic reading, P3
04. FFA NEWS:
Little I at SDSU on Fri., 3/31. Bus leaves WB at 8:20, WG at 8:30.
Ben O., Jake K., Parker F., Andrew Q., Kelly B., Alli V., Kayla F., Jaden O., Ethan S., Halle S., Madison D., Hunnter B., Elijah M., Luke d., Zach K., Mason B., Daniel D., MaKayla E., Skyler S., Talitha H., Isabella L., Liz W., Coltin P., Erik K., Ivy P., Kelsey D.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors Class Trip: There will be a meeting for seniors and parents on Monday, April 1 at 7:00 pm in the WWG cafeteria. The Southwest Tours and Travel representative will be there to go over the class trip.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
April 1, American Legion
April 12- Technology & Trades
May 1- Paymond Clarke
May 1- Maurice & Hilda Mitchell
May 13- MN. Athletes in Sports Medicine
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
07. New Books in the Media Center
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
650 Lexile, 9 pts.
When a school bus accident leaves sixteen-year-old Jessica an amputee, she returns to school with a prosthetic limb and her track team finds a wonderful way to help her rekindle her dream of running again.
08. 9-12th grade will have a spring dance on Saturday May 4th. Attire will be dressy (no jeans allowed). If you have suggestions/ideas for the dance, theme, games, etc., please talk to a student council member.
7-8th grade will also have a spring dance on Saturday May 4th. Attire is dressy, but you may wear jeans if you wish. Talk to Shelby, Elijah, Addeson, or Abby if you have questions or ideas.
09. Any student interested in online PSEO classes for next fall, stop in and see Mrs. Ourada for the paperwork.
10. Monday, 3/25
P/T Conference at HS, 3:30-7:30
Kiwanis supper at HS, 5:00-7:00
HS Concert/MHS Induction, 7:30
Boys Basketball players- there will be a uniform turn in AND A STATE PICTURE taken on Wednesday (27th) at 7:10. Bring all clean uniforms/ warm-ups etc on hangers. More info on the picture to follow.
Boys basketball- We are in the weight room at 6:15 Thursday morning!
Golf - We will have a golf meeting in Mr Theisen’s room on Tuesday at 3:50.
Track - There will be no track practice today 03/25/19. There will not be a meet in Luverne tomorrow but will be track practice at Westbrook. Coach LeBoutillier
12. Little Caesars pizza will be here on Tuesday March 26th. Please excuse all Sophomores that sold pizza to come to the Cafeteria at 2:00pm to get pizzas.
Sophomores- make sure you are ready to deliver pizzas on TUESDAY they need to remain frozen. Then can be kept at room temp for only 6 hours after getting of the truck.
13. HS Play Schedule:
Monday (3/25): 3:30
Tuesday (3/26): 2:30 Elementary Performance
7:00 Public Performance
Wednesday (3/27): 2:30 High School Performance & Theater Awards
Cast & crew can be dismissed Tuesday and Wednesday after lunch.
Kelsey D.,Elizabeth W., Jaden O., Elijah M., Daniel D., Hanna K., Joel B., Anna L., Heidi I., Kayla F., Melinda L., Houa Y.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
15. MN State Survey for grades 8, 9, & 11 at 8:20 on ?????.
8th grade - computer lab
9th grade - Mrs. Caygle’s room and Mrs. Thao’s room
11th grade - Mr. Merrick’s room
Study Hall for others
Gr. 7 - Sandbulte’s room
Gr. 10 - Barron’s room
Gr. 12 - Byer’s room
16. Volleyball meeting for gr. 7-11 on Thurs., 3/28 at 3:15 in the cafeteria.
17. Career Day for 10th & 11th gr will be on Thurs., 3/28, 11:30-3:00. Students will eat lunch at 11:00 and go to P6 class following Career Day.
18. MCA test prep for 7-11 grades on Mon., 3/25, Wed., 3/27, and Fri., 3/29 at 12-12:30.
11th gr. In Mrs. Dibble’s room
10th gr. In Mrs. Kletscher’s room
9th gr. In Mrs. Zollner’s room
8th gr. In Mrs. Byers’ room
7th gr. In Mr. Merrick’s room
Seniors will meet in Mrs. Bonnstetter’s room.
19. Do need a letter jacket? Talk to Mr. Woelber. He has 3 to sell for $50 each.
20. FCA will meet in Mrs. Byers' room this Wednesday, March 27, for lunch.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Please have your completed and signed Time cards/Time sheets in on Friday!! Thank you, Jane
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Mon., 3/25 - Parent/Teacher Conferences, 3:30-7:30.
7-12 HS Concert/MHS induction, 7:30 PM
Tues., 3/26 - HS Spring Play, 7:00 PM
**CANCELLED**TR at Luverne, 4:00.