IN THE DEEP POLICIES (Last updated July, 2018.)
- There are 4 swimming terms per calendar year in line with the NSW public school terms
- Mid term enrolments are welcomed, subject to availability. Pro rata fees will be charged based on number of weeks remaining of term.
- All new students over the age of 3 must undergo a level assessment prior to enrolling.
- Students are placed in classes according to their assessed level.
- No assessments are required for infants under the age of 3.
- In the event a student is enrolled without an assessment, the student will not be permitted to attend. Re enrolment into the correct level will be required.
- Enrolments are automatically carried over each term until we are notified of a cancellation.
- Part term enrolments cannot be arranged in the instances of long holidays etc. Families are encouraged to utilise the 3 make up classes per term per child on offer to compensate for absences. The alternative is to forgo the current enrolment and re enrol on return.
- Classes are not scheduled on Public Holidays and are not included in term fees
- An enrolment is confirmed once full payment of term fees is received.
- During end of term enrolment rollover, payments are automatically deducted via direct debit within 6 hours of rollover.
- All payment details are managed by account holder in parent portal
- We do accept cash payments for lesson fees pool side.
- We do accept cash, eftpos, credit, apple pay, android pay pool side for merchandise and lesson fee payments.
- Families with 2 or more siblings enrolled in lessons will receive a 10% reduction on the second enrolment.
- Family discounts are automatically calculated according to the value of enrolment ie. full amount is charged on the higher value class, discount given on lesser value classes.
- Multiple session discounts are given to any students enrolled in more than 1 lesson per week. 10% discount is applied to the second and additional lessons enrolled in per week for the term.
Cancellations and Refunds
- In the event of a mid term cancellation, refunds cannot be given for unused fees. In exceptional circumstances when a refund is given, a $30 administration fee will be charged.
- In The event of an injury/illness where 5 or more consecutive classes will be missed, In The Deep will issue a credit on your account. This credit is valid for 6 months. A medical suspension form and accompanying medical certificate must be supplied before the credit can be arranged. Once a credit has been issued the child will lose their class place and must re enrol when ready to re commence. Places cannot be held.
- There is no administration fee to process medical suspension credits.
- Medical suspension forms can be located here via link
- In order to qualify for a make-up lesson, a notice of absence must be submitted via the parent portal
- Notification of absences cannot be accepted via phone call, text, email or verbally to pool staff.
- Once an absence has been recorded it cannot be reversed.
- Once an absence has been recorded a corresponding make up can be booked (see below)
Make Up Lessons
- A make up lesson can be booked for every submitted notified absence, to a maximum of 3 make ups per student per term.
- Make up lessons are capped at a maximum of 3 per child per term.
- Make ups can be booked up to 5 days in advance.
- Make ups do not have to be booked at the same time of submitting an absence.
- A make up can be taken before the notified absence has occurred
- Make ups are confirmed at the time of booking and viewable in Customer Accounts
- Pool side staff are unable to book make ups
- Make ups must be taken in the same term as the corresponding absences.
- Make ups cannot be carried forward into the next term or holiday program.
- Booked make ups cannot be altered. The lesson will be forfeited if not attended or cancelled.
- Make up lessons must be taken at the child's current or assessed level.
- Make up classes cannot be guaranteed and options may be restricted during busy periods.
- Make up classes owing cannot be transferred to a sibling.
- Children who have received all ribbons for their current level are encouraged to move to the next level immediately (mid term). Parents are emailed when level changes are required. If the child does not move immediately they are welcome to remain in their current class/level however the next level skills will not be taught until they move into the correct level class.
- Classes cannot be changed to a different level once children in that class are ready to move up a level. Parents must find another class for the new level. This may mean changing times/days.
- The class maximum may be exceeded if required and different levels may be combined.
- We cannot accommodate teacher requests. Teacher continuation cannot be guaranteed term to term.
- In The Deep reserve the right to alter class times and instructors mid term if required.